PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Boat & RV Show Jan 21 - 25

Johnny B
01-19-2004, 08:45 AM
The Chicago Boat show starts this week. Visit link for info.

<a href='http://www.discoverboating.com/boatshows/chicago/home.asp?bhcp=1'>http://www.discoverboating.com/boatshows/chicago/home.asp?bhcp=1</a>

trimman
01-19-2004, 07:35 PM
johny B,

we will be there on sat.24 Do you boat on the chain ?

Johnny B
01-20-2004, 08:06 AM
Absolutely!!! Do you? We live in Algonquin and go on the river and the chain all the time. We also have a website about it, www.funonthefox.com. Don't mind the mess, we're doing a rebuild in the offseason.

Rockhopper
01-20-2004, 11:35 AM
I am planning on being at the show on saturday also. With some of the chain yokels. I bought my boat at this show a couple years back.

oooo , ahhhh, shiney new boats.

trimman
01-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Johnny B
Absolutely!!! Do you? We live in Algonquin and go on the river and the chain all the time. We also have a website about it, www.funonthefox.com. Don't mind the mess, we're doing a rebuild in the offseason.

JohnyB, We live in mchenry, do most most of our boating on the chain, mainly N. of the dam, finally meet a local boater on speedwake,cool!!I met one other boater who boats on the chain , and he lives in oswego, and actually met him in the ozarks. We'll have to hook up this summer, we go to the races alot on thurs. nights and frequent blarneys, and famous freddies, and harmony and the sand bar ect.....

The Lip
01-21-2004, 08:52 PM
Count me in as another Chain boater. There are alot of us on these forums! My wife and and practically live on the chain on the summer. I'm at the boat races (with the boys on Thursdays). After work on Friday's. All day Saturday and all day Sunday. We spend most of our time in Mineoala Bay (Fox Lake). Our group is getting big enough that we're thinking of having our own "party cove" this summer. Last year I owned a procharged 272 Baja. This year my wife and I ordered a brand new '04 26' Sonic Prowler. Most of our group have some type of powerboat (Baja etc..).
My buddies and I belong to a local (Chain) boating club called Northern Illinois Offshore Club www.nioffshoreclub.org We're based out of Electric Harbor on Fox Lake. You should check us out! Lot of fun events both on and off season. Let's see some pics of all of your boats so I can identify you next summer.
Here's my new one

Johnny B
01-22-2004, 08:43 AM
It's good to know that there are others out there. Most of my crew has either a runabout or a ski boat, I'm the young guy that acts old with the cruiser. Here's a pic of my boat, we are pulling in to Captain's Quarters.

Rockhopper
01-22-2004, 03:13 PM
It is good to see some other chain boaters here. I will throw in a picture of my boat. I am out with johnny B and crew every available weekend. We usualy end up hanging in petite bay sandbar with the crowd there. You should be able to notice Johnny B with the sound from his weed wacker powered blender.

Here is a shot of my runabout waiting for the locks. I just picked up a monster tower which will be on next summer. Hope we get a chance to catch up with more people out on the water.

trimman
01-22-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by The Lip
Count me in as another Chain boater. There are alot of us on these forums! My wife and and practically live on the chain on the summer. I'm at the boat races (with the boys on Thursdays). After work on Friday's. All day Saturday and all day Sunday. We spend most of our time in Mineoala Bay (Fox Lake). Our group is getting big enough that we're thinking of having our own "party cove" this summer. Last year I owned a procharged 272 Baja. This year my wife and I ordered a brand new '04 26' Sonic Prowler. Most of our group have some type of powerboat (Baja etc..).
My buddies and I belong to a local (Chain) boating club called Northern Illinois Offshore Club www.nioffshoreclub.org We're based out of Electric Harbor on Fox Lake. You should check us out! Lot of fun events both on and off season. Let's see some pics of all of your boats so I can identify you next summer.
Here's my new one

Thats a sweet looking boat! I know Mike L. the President of the club we went on the river shiver run last fall , we will probably join, the wife and i had alota fun on the outing and met alot of nice folks.I have to get some pictures of the boat and figure out how to load them. I just bought it last labor day. She is a cool boat we love her 69 gps. plan on putting a whippel charger on her next winter, hope fully next month i'll have full hydro steering on her, w/ victory trim tabs, she needs em. look forward seeing you out there!!

The Lip
01-22-2004, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the replies. Captains quarters is one of our favorite hangouts for lunch. One of our good friends is a waitress there. I'm sure I saw you (Trimman) on the River Shiver run. I was with my buddy Dave(Dave's outlaw). By that time I had already sold my Baja and ordered the new Sonic. You can't miss Dave he's based out of Dolphin Harbor. He has a 2003 25' Baja Outlaw named "Just Hangin' Out!" (very unique graphic to match those words).
We'll all have to hook up out there this summer. Hope some of you join NIOC.
Steve -

trimman
01-25-2004, 09:54 AM
Got back from the boat show late last night, and i think i am still drooling. Alota nice hardware. Met MitcherT and denny sunsation and shook Reggie Fountains hand. My son was very impressed he's only 7 1/2. Ive got 2 footitis in bad way actually iv'e got 20 MPH itis, but 90 in my boat would not be a pretty sight. come on may!!I think i am going to contact mike l , from N.I.O.C. and get another from and join, he gave me one at the shiver run, i think it blew out of the boat, i wish i had video footage of the 48 boats running up river, we were up towards the front trying to run straight big time washing machine water. it was Fun. :yak: :smile1: :clown:

trimman
01-25-2004, 10:02 AM
I think the chain could use a party cove but them cops are every where out there.

Johnny B
02-10-2004, 09:11 AM
Wow, there was a bunch of great hardware at the show!! Too much stuff, not enough money!! Anybody buy a new ride at the show.....

The Lip
02-10-2004, 09:39 PM
J -
I didn't buy a new boat at the show, but I got something else for you.
At our last NIOC mtg. (the mtgs are always held the first Wednesday of the month) I mentioned your website and group funonthefox.com to our members. Mike Lovergine (our Commodore) took the name and your website down and was very interested in you guys becoming members. I think he's going to give you guys (and ladies) some "airplay" in the next newsletter. Northern Illinois Offshore Club is GREAT! You can own ANY kind of boat. Heck, you don't have to even own a boat. There are many non-boat members. Hope to see some of you out there on the chain this summer. You won't miss my wife and I with our new Sonic, just cruise by Mineola Bay. We're usually there with all of our friends swimming, partying etc!
Steve -

Rockhopper
02-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Lip, thanks for the mention. We were thinking of contacting NIOC. If nothing else to put the events you guys have on our calendar. It is good just to see all the different things happening on the lakes.

We were talking about doing some kinda "hot chain o lakes boat of the week". Only boats from our area. We see all kinds of cool boats on the water and it would be nice to get some more details about em. It would be cool to get some shots of the club members boats for this.

Just remember we are a couple of hacks, and we are redoing the website for next summer. Last summer we started to get a decent hit count for us though. On top of the fact that once it was warm we where on the boats instead of working on the page.

you can always drop us an email with thoughts or suggestions at admin@funonthefox.com.

This should bring back some memories of Blarney's from last summer