PDA

View Full Version : Lonseal or Pirelli flooring.Is

blue pantera
04-04-2004, 01:08 PM
Is anybody using Lonseal or Pirelli flooring in there boat? If so how do you like it was it hard to put in.Im thinking about put in my boat .

Thanks

Brian

florida gator
04-04-2004, 08:08 PM
Haven't used either yet. I'm thinking of going with Lonseal. My understanding is Pirelli comes in tiles and pirelli is one piece.

gilla
04-04-2004, 08:25 PM
Check with the Pantera guys-they use Pirelli.

glh
04-04-2004, 08:43 PM
We have some in it. It is awesome and fifty times easier to maintain then carpet.

I did not put it in however, so I cannot help you there.

Aqua-Holic
04-06-2004, 08:36 AM
you may want to pm jawbreakerkid :cool:

Caincando1
04-06-2004, 10:31 AM
Pantera seems to use Pirelli allot.

I'd love to see pictures of you boat too.

Brian

cigarette1
04-06-2004, 11:13 AM
mine

bellyfeel
04-06-2004, 12:56 PM
I have used both of these flooring materials in our booth designs at work. Here's what I can say. Neither of the mfg's (Pirelli or Lonseal) will officially recommend their products for exterior application. However people do it all the time. It will degrade from UV and organic fats and oils. I couldn't tell you how long it would take before it looks like hell, quite awhile I would imagine.

Pirelli "dot" flooring comes in 500x500mm and maybe 1000x1000mm tiles. I believe they also make sheet rolls but they are something like 10x10 meters square.

Lonseal comes in sheets that are 72"x60" and they have quite a few patterns besides the classic dot. You'll have to find a flooring distributor/rep to purchase either one. You can't order direct. That's what I know. I think it looks great in a boats cockpit and it's easy to clean.

jawbreakerkid
04-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by bellyfeel
Neither of the mfg's (Pirelli or Lonseal) will officially recommend their products for exterior application.

Lonseal comes in sheets that are 72"x60"

just wanted to make a few points of clarification.....Cigarette orders their "pirelli" from a company called Lonseal. the product is actually called Lonwave. for years Cigarette has used Lonwave for all of their applications. Lonwave, originally designed for internal applications, had the reputation of discoloring due to the sun's UV rays. last month, Lonseal released a new product called Londeck Wave. it is the exact same pattern, colors, and texture as the Lonwave, but it is made for external application and is resistant to discoloring due to UV, oils, cleaners, etc. i had received some inside info last fall that they would be releasing this product early spring, so i decided to wait until i could get the new Londeck Wave. unfortunatley, Lonseal does not sell directly to the consumer, so you will need to find a marine business or a flooring company that will set up an account with Lonseal so you can order it. dealer's cost on the Lonwave is approx $35.86 per square yard and Londeck Wave is $37.36 per square yard. the roll is 6' wide and the pattern runs the length of the roll, which is over 50' long. basically, you have to install it in the cockpit running from side to side, with a seam under the rear seat. in the cabin, it runs oposite (length of the boat).

Londeck Wave is so new that it isn't even on their website yet. you can check out the Lonwave Mirage at www.lonseal.com (http://www.lonseal.com) i pulled a favor to get mine, otherwise i would let you use my source......but it was a one time deal.

i hope this helps. here is a picture of Speed Racer and the new Lonseal i installed last month.

Johno
04-08-2004, 04:33 PM
I did my cockpit floor, easy enough to do. Preparation is very important, no bumps & sharp edges otherwise they will show thru. I have used both their epoxy adhesive & contact adhesive...use regualr contact adhesive , easier to work with. Try doing on warm day as it is much easier to bend & shape when it is warm. Their epoxy is like Gorilla snot. I put my seam under my back seat. Dan B on OSO has a sheet of Lonseal for sale.
I f you are seriously interested PM & I will order what you need. I have an account set up with Lonseal. Not easy stuff to buy when you only want a small piece.

RCHEVELLE71
04-08-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Johno
I did my cockpit floor, easy enough to do. Preparation is very important, no bumps & sharp edges otherwise they will show thru. I have used both their epoxy adhesive & contact adhesive...use regualr contact adhesive , easier to work with. Try doing on warm day as it is much easier to bend & shape when it is warm. Their epoxy is like Gorilla snot. I put my seam under my back seat. Dan B on OSO has a sheet of Lonseal for sale.
I f you are seriously interested PM & I will order what you need. I have an account set up with Lonseal. Not easy stuff to buy when you only want a small piece.

Hey Johno,

Flooring looks nice, Any idea on price?? I read somewhere that Dollar Marine has it on a roll, but I am afraid of what their pricing may be :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My current boat is not worthy of that flooring, but maybe a future project.

Johno
04-08-2004, 04:50 PM
It ain cheap, I ordered a piece for Dan B $200-00 for 6x8 piece (incl ship) if memory serves me right. Lonseal are difficult to deal with as well. Guess little orders don't count. :( Maybe if I told then we were flooring a Home Depot or Walmart things may be easier :D
If you ever need it I can get it, I had to open an account to get mine.
Later John

blue pantera
04-08-2004, 08:19 PM
Thanks for all the info. on lonseal. What type of pattern is everbody using ? Caincando you can see my boat on Pantera web site under owners gallery page 3

jawbreakerkid
04-09-2004, 10:16 AM
my experiences with Lonseal were great. i too only ordered 13' of the Londeck Wave in the color #510 (Whitecap). 13' of Londeck Wave plus shipping came to $373.91 delivered to my shop. as a matter of fact, they sent the wrong color first. i immediately called them and they sent out the correct order the same day with no questions asked. both orders came w/ approx 13'7" instead of 13'.

Cigarette uses the lonwave mirage (interior grade) or Londeck Wave (external grade)......same pattern, same color, etc. click here: lonwave mirage (http://www.lonseal.com/lonwavemirage.html#)

chad

Zen_Nemo
04-09-2004, 10:42 AM
I am also curious abou this stuff, or similar types.

My carpet is almost to the point of needing replacement and have thought about going with a non carpet replacement. As far as price and options go, what would you all suggest, as far as ease of installation ect.

Something non slick of course.

Thanks ahead of time.

Miami
04-09-2004, 10:42 AM
Powerplay uses Lonseal's Lonwave Mirage. It has a waved pattern that they run fron to back. Water drains easily, never slippery, easy to clean, cushioned back and for ten years has held up gloriously on my boat.

Must be put down with contact cement..... and you have to allow for minor expansion & contraction and remove all airbubbles and roll it down.

This floor still looks brand new....seems to me like the only way to go!!!!!!!!!!

Forrest
04-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Rubber flooring is the way to go. Once you have it, you won't want anything else. I used the classic "dot" pattern in light grey in my Magnum 27 Sport and what a difference it made over that old nasty carpet it replaced!

Here is a post that I made a while back on where to get Pirelli rubber flooring cheap:

http://www.speedwake.com/upload/showthread.php?s=&forumid=8&threadid=9603