PDA

View Full Version : B&M 250 Supercharger

javx2
02-25-2003, 09:23 PM
Anybody know the number of hours between oil changes in a 250 B&M Blower? I know you use 90 weight gear oil but how much and how do you go about changing the oil in the front and rear of the unit? Thanks:confused:

BadDog
02-26-2003, 06:06 AM
And how may hours between rebuilds. What does a rebuild consist of? Cost to rebuild?

hotbeek
02-26-2003, 01:37 PM
My 250 does not have gear lube in the rear just front. I'd change once a season. You should have a sight plug on the front of blower(face) You'll need to fill to the point lube starts to weep from sight plug.

Rebuilds mostly consist of replacing teflon rotor strips unless you have gear or bearing wear. As far as when you rebuild ?? I have no idea how long a supercharger will last between rebuilds. I'm not sure how accurate it would be to read your boost gauge. If boost starts to decrease @ WOT you may be losing some of your efficiency ?!

I think The Blower Shop is pretty reputable for rebuilds. I've heard their customer service is good too ! I'd give them a call. I think Marv is the guy to talk to. Some one will be able to post a number.

javx2
02-27-2003, 09:08 AM
Is there a drain plug in the front or do you have to pull the snout off. These units have less than 50 hrs on them. I was told you had to change the oil in the rear also. Thanks, John

hotbeek
02-27-2003, 09:24 AM
The rear is just beaings, no gears. I'm not sure if there's a drain plug. If I get some time today I'll go look to see if there's a lower drain plug. It would definitely be the easiest route and the cleanest. You may be able to just remove a bolt from the cover. I think it would get pretty messy by pulling snout. If all else fails loosen belt and remove the 4 bolts holding blower to intake. You can then remove blower and dump lube any way you want.

hotbeek
02-27-2003, 12:00 PM
I just checked blower for drain plug. There's no drain plug. I have the installation instructions and for maintainence they say check sight/oil level hole for oil every 20-30 hrs. They have no mention of changing oil ?

hotbeek
02-27-2003, 12:01 PM
Maintainence #1

hotbeek
02-27-2003, 12:02 PM
Maintainence #2

javx2
02-27-2003, 12:53 PM
Well maybe you don't change the oil and just check it. I would prefer to change it once a season anyway. As I acquired my blowers already on motors, i don't have installation manual. If I could bother you for a copy it certainly would be appreciated. If not, maybe I can get a copy from Holley. Thanks, John

hotbeek
02-27-2003, 01:10 PM
John,

Do you have a fax # ? I could send a copy when I get to work.(3pm Central Time) Or I could email the pages ?

javx2
02-27-2003, 06:19 PM
If you could email them that would be great. Thanks alot.