Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

Webbcraft Boats???

26K views 28 replies 19 participants last post by  Gunman 
#1 ·
Looking at a couple of Webbcraft's. Looking for some good imput. Understand that they went out of business in the late 90's. What kind of quality was this boat? Is it just a lake boat, or will it handle the open water? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#4 ·
webbcraft was an average boat.
a buddy of mine had a 26 with twins that was set up to almost be a go fast. it was a great cruising boat at 30 mph anything faster on lake st clair and everything was coming apart.!

but heres the thing-you have a used one and you should be able to get a lot of boat for a cheap price-I am assuming.

#5 ·
Webbcraft???

The boat is priced fairly low. But don't want to buy a boat that is going to rattle apart. It is a 1988 Webbcraft 27' Velota w/twin 454/330, bravo 1's, and only 400 original hours. All imput is greatly appreciated. This will be my first boat of this size. A good deal is not always a "Good Deal." Thanks for the info and help.

#6 · (Edited)
You are correct, the boat was made in Collinsville, Oklahoma. The company started out as Webb Boats in the early days and most of them were sold in the northeastern part of Oklahoma as lake boats. The
boats were well made and seemed to be very popular
in the Grand Lake area. You may be able to do a search
for info in Collinsville, Ok and find out more info. Last time I was through the Town I thought it looked like maybe they were still doing some custom boats.
The glass and most of the hardware always seemed to be top quality on the ones I have seen. If the engines and drives look like they are in good shape, it should
be a great boat for the price.
Good luck..... :bigsmile:

Here is an address I found

Webbcraft
13614 N Old Hwy 169
Collinsville, OK 74021
918-753-7811

#7 ·
The water patrol on Lake of the Ozarks ran Webbcraft boats for a long time. My understanding was that Webbcraft was a solid, heavy boat. If it could take the pounding from the sloppy water at LOTO it was put together pretty well. I always thought they looked similar to the old Liberators.

#8 ·
There was a guy around here with an 89 30ft webbcraft concorde. Had a trailer, twin 454/bravo's. New interior, electronics/ everything. He had it gone through cosmetically. Spent some good coin, then his first time out he blew one engine. He put it up for sale cuz he was absolutley disgusted. He had 50grand in it then it blows a motor first time out. Anyway, he had it up for 12k as it sat with blown engine. If I had the cash I would have jumped at it cuz after talking on the phone with him, he would have took 10k to get it out of his life. I actually felt kinda bad cuz he was really, really disgusted. I would bet its sold now, but I will check.

#9 ·
I know a guy here in Grand Haven with a 27 with twin 350's and Alphas. He says that with both props spinning the same way (there is no counter rotating Alpha drive) the boat can be a real handfull at WOT. I've run next to him a few times in choppy water, and it seemed to handle o.k.

I will say this though, his gell was faded worse than my 87 Baja (which is saying something in my opinion, since older Baja's faded at the drop of an anchor). I also tied up next to one at LOTO a few summers ago, same boat, 27'... it was also really faded and the interior seemed to be cobled together.

I'd say have it surveyed before you plunk down any coin.

'Foul

#10 ·
pashn8boater said:
Yes, positive it is a Webbcraft. They were built in Oklahoma form what I have learned. Stopped production in 1998. Have also been told that they were a custom made boat.
Guess I am learning something too... It never hurts to check, many people that surf this site are not boaters, so just trying to be helpful, with my obviously limited knowledge..hehe :)

How about some pictures of this boat?

#14 ·
bellyfeel said:
The water patrol on Lake of the Ozarks ran Webbcraft boats for a long time. My understanding was that Webbcraft was a solid, heavy boat. If it could take the pounding from the sloppy water at LOTO it was put together pretty well. I always thought they looked similar to the old Liberators.
I got a ride in one of the LOTO patrol boats a few years back. (I didnt do anything wrong they were just giving me a ride back to the hotel to pick up my truck/trailer to get a broken boat w/a broken drive out! :D )
Anyway i think they had 24'ers with a single step.......i think that was a webbcraft anyway......anyway i was VERY impressed with it! I took the slop of LOTO like a champ and they were quite fast too! I was thinking during that ride that i wouldnt mind having one of these little rockets. The patrol boats had 502's in them and the cops told me they topped out in the high 70's with them!

#16 ·
A friend of mine has a 1987 30' Concorde 454 mags now 468s and Alphas. He's owned it since 89 or 90. I've been in it in rough water and it didn't do bad considering the back end is fairly flat (no 24* bottom). I think the size and weight make up for it :rolleyes:
Overall , it's been a very good boat.

#17 ·
i owned an 89 28' Equalizer with bravos/502's for several years.
very solid boat.
dont know much about the 27 but mine had a pad bottom and ran pretty fast but rode hard in rough water.
look for stress cracks around the engine hatch and around the windshield.
unless your getting it "really" cheap you may take a beating when you try and sell.

Attachments

#21 ·
i owned a 87 velota 27 ft. nice boat had twin 350.i have been trying to locate another one.they run very well in rough water they do fade but never had a problem with upolstery.docking is a bitch ,no counter rotating props but you will get used to that.they like choppy water.if anyone knows where one is available please email me.thanks narf

#25 ·
The Concorde in Cincy looks pretty good in the pics, but has Alphas and 454 mags. They are asking 30ish for it.

I saw one go through the auction a while back that was a 33 or 34 ft., with mags and it did $13k at the auction. An average older boat. If they were more reasonable on price for the one in Cincy, I would consider it myself! Put on Bravos, pep up the motors and go!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.