New Aggressor's - Speedwake 2.0

post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

New Aggressor's

I drove past a local dealership yesterday, and to my amazement they had an "Aggressor" sitting in the lot. When I turned around to talk to a salesman, he said it is a local guy in Columbus Ohio that just started to build the boat. Supposedly this is the first one he has made. There is no doubt this is the 25' Sunsation mold.

Powered by a 496 / bravo 1 combo asking $59k. That was sitting on an eagle trailer w/ cockpit cover and 2k allowance for graphics of your choice. Is that a good price?

The boat looked like it was rigged pretty well....but the glasswork left something to be desired IMO.

I was curious if the Sunsation guys new who he was, and the level of quality he produces. Also, is 72 realistic w/ this power combo?
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 09:19 AM

Aqua,

We know the guy and who we sold the molds to coming up on three years ago now. The speed is very attainable with that power, I would say probably 2 mph faster but that was waht we'd get (74mph) when we build the boat. As far as the price, time will onyl tell but it sounds reasonable.

DaveSunsation
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Dave!!!

Does anyone have any interior pics of the newer aggressor's? The ONLY thing I didn't like about the boat was the 2 little couch things in the cabin. The seats were only about 8 - 10 inches wide

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Save yourself about 20K and purchase my boat
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

If I go the aggressor route....you would be my first call! I love your graphics, and I would want the Sunsation name for resale purposes. Do you have any cabin pics?
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 12:16 AM

Turbos aggressor is the shiznit i would love to have his paint job, not to mention a 9 year newer aggressor, i am surprised you still have her!
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 07:10 AM

What did buddy call this boat? Not an agressor?
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

Yessir.....Aggressor. No mention of Sunsation, just Aggressor. It was in a small vinyl decal on the side (about 4" tall by 24" wide), and also molded into an insert on the bottom side of the hatch. I PRESUMME that when Sunsation sold the mold, they sold the name also???? I have some contact inf. if anyone is interested.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Thanx for the comments guys. This year I hope to break 70 with the stock 7.4 MPI. Sending the test prop in soon for some work. One issue I dont even know if I will have time to test it just been too busy porting heads and intakes. Also several autos to finish up. The Pantera (car) engine is ready to assemble cant wait for the dyno test hoping for over 650 HP a shoot out between me and a friend that built a 685 HP 417 cu in Clevor motor. I have seen as much as 720 with a 351 C with less done.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 01:15 PM

Interesting reading. I was wondering when the boats form the old aggressor molds would appear. I think the guy has a great start using those molds. But he is going to have some big shoes to fill if he wants to live up the Sunsation standard.

Anyone have any pics?
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 01:32 AM
KG

this is it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new agressor.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	47795  
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 08:26 AM

Hey Aqua, where is this at? Also, thread started about you on Hilslinger wondering if things are ok because you have not been there in awhile. Might be worth a check-in. Some reason I can't post there anymore but I was going to post you have been hanging out over here.

Also, do you still have your boat for sale or did you sell it? I just picked up a new job I start at the new year and I'm starting to shop for another one, yea bigger. Are you interested my purchasing mine? I'm sure you've seen it at the Creek before

Last edited by Luv-N-It; 12-26-2004 at 08:28 AM.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 02:26 PM

I managed to hit 74 mph with my 95 Aggressor with a stock 502.

8-10 inch seats just mean no fat chicks allowed in the cabin
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 10:52 PM

Tom was the motor 415 horse/power, thats clipping along best i've seen w/ mine is 71 'm having my prop labbed and blueprinted next month by throttle up hope to see 73 did your old aggressor have hydro steering on it? I can't rember.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 09:36 AM

The 25's are awesome looking boats regardless of the year.. I maybe looking for USED in the spring.
I'd hate to think the quality went south by the new Owner of the mold. What a dissapointment that would be.
Obviously Sunsation wants to focus on the 28 and up markets.. That's a mistake IMO when you have a killer hull and buyers out there for them, not everyone wants a 28ft and bigger boat, but they may want a new Sunsation.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by J230SX454MAG
The 25's are awesome looking boats regardless of the year.. I maybe looking for USED in the spring.
I'd hate to think the quality went south by the new Owner of the mold. What a dissapointment that would be.
Obviously Sunsation wants to focus on the 28 and up markets.. That's a mistake IMO when you have a killer hull and buyers out there for them, not everyone wants a 28ft and bigger boat, but they may want a new Sunsation.
The cost of purchasing a 288 is around 30 grand more than an Aggressor, do you think it cost Sunsation 30 grand more to build a 288? In order to build 25's they either need to expand (more cost) or don't meet the demand of the 288 (less profit). There are more buyers that want the 35 or bigger and would love to buy a Sunsation but won't compromise size than potential Aggressor buyers. Hence the upcoming 43 and 36 ers. There is a reason Sunsation has been around for almost 20 years and have gained strength and respect in the market continuously from the first boat that broke out of the mold until the present.

The Aggressor is a small niche market. Its a drivers boat and probably one of the most difficult to learn to truly drive. I ran one for just over a 100 hours one summer and it was 40 hours before I became even remotely confident behind the wheel. Definitely water test before buying. I had someone call me up that purchased one from Michigan and hauled it back to Minnesota, he was asking me how I managed to drive mine and was sorry he purchased it, said he wished he bought something easier to drive.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 06:41 PM
KG

but when you get the hang of this hull-because so many builders use it-its the funnest boat to drive in my opinion. its like a crotch rocket on the water
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sunair.jpeg
Views:	246
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	47999  
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Luv-N-It
Hey Aqua, where is this at? Also, thread started about you on Hilslinger wondering if things are ok because you have not been there in awhile. Might be worth a check-in. Some reason I can't post there anymore but I was going to post you have been hanging out over here.

Also, do you still have your boat for sale or did you sell it? I just picked up a new job I start at the new year and I'm starting to shop for another one, yea bigger. Are you interested my purchasing mine? I'm sure you've seen it at the Creek before

The Aggressor was at the little shop on 23 just south of 229 (East side of the road). After that I saw it was with the shop that Tommy works....now I don't have a clue where it is. Saw it on Alum one day....ran pretty strong!
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

My Aggressor is still up for sale if anyone is interested
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by trimman
Tom was the motor 415 horse/power, thats clipping along best i've seen w/ mine is 71 'm having my prop labbed and blueprinted next month by throttle up hope to see 73 did your old aggressor have hydro steering on it? I can't rember.
Stock 415 hp with stock exhaust. No hydro steering, but should have. I had to work the wheel pretty good to keep it flying level. I just finshed off the Imco Brazil system yesterday with full hydraulic to the helm in the Dominator.