Does anyone know about the Wellcraft concept? - Speedwake 2.0

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Does anyone know about the Wellcraft concept?

I bought a 1988 Wellcraft concept about 10 years ago and can not find out much about it. Over the years I have changed about everything on it. I was just posting this to see if anyone had one, or knew someone who had. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
23concept
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 12:34 PM
KG

I have the brochure at home.............

I did post on here somewhere

I will post when I get home for you!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 12:35 PM
KG

by the way those were cool boats..............10 years ahead of thier time!

do you have any pics?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help on this. I will have to get some taken and post for you. I sent it to Kustom Kolors in Marion , Ohio for a wild paint job 2 years ago, put all new Gaffrig gauges and controls in the boat, put an updated 2004 Bravo 1 drive & lower unit in it, had the cockpit interior redone to match the paint job/ graphics, and put a 540 Merlin w/ a holley 950 commander multiport fuel injection. It came in at just under 600hp on the dyno, and 640 ft/lbs of torque. Unfortunately I have had no fun for about the last 5 years on the boat. I was always doing something to it because something was broken or not working well. I actually just got it back 1 week ago from putting Hydraulic Lathem steering on it so I have not taken it out this year as of yet and being from Ohio its not looking all that great for this season. I have to run my thru-hull exhaust and some dress up work in the engine compartment and I should be able to finally enjoy it. I was just wondering what the Wellcraft concept was all about. I called Wellcraft and they claim they could not tell me how many of these were actually ever made. I have only seen a few over the years. My engine builder is a little worried by the haul design that it will go faster than I will ever be able to control it. Something about the haul coming to a flat pad in the rear by the outdrive instead of being a V. Any comments on that? I am looking forward to your replies, and your help is greatly appreciated.
23concept(Rod)