Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been seeing more and more mention of the 1000 islands on the forum. Just thought I'd throw it out that if anyone is looking to buy a place or sell something in the islands, drop me a line as my girlfriend is a broker there. She'll get ya a hell of a deal and just maybe me a bigger boat!

·
Platinum Member
1,495 Posts
yeah, its prob a 25+ mile run from our area to the sandbar. Potters beach & Canoe/Picnic point, are pretty good beaches around Grindstone island ~15miles. There's a real nice one close on Center Grenadier, but its on the Canadian side which makes it a pain to do legally.

My favorite on the river is Big Sandy, out on Wolfe island - more like a 40 mile run for us though.

Attachments

·
Platinum Member
1,495 Posts
halffast said:
kind of a turcois..yeah we were on the sandbar..live in the burg. drank way to much as usual.

ah yep, the pic does it! I was thinking of the dark blue one in my mind - but that's a 223SS if I remember correctly. Saw someone rafting up to you you this weekend with that coulda used a few more fenders ;)

This is us, if you see us down there, stop over for a beer...

Attachments

·
Platinum Member
1,495 Posts
Don't think it was me... There is a formula 206 with the same paint job in the Morristown area, maybe it was him? My home base on the river is in chippewa bay.

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
anyhow,,, back to the real Estate... Had a place or been going up there for 35 years... cant believe the prices that some are asking of late... ouch

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
As a Canadian, the prices on the US side are as low now as I've ever seen them given the dollar. I find it interesting though that the real estate on the US side is way cheaper than on the Canadian side for a similar place given the dollar is at par.

Halffast, does she work for Garlock? Their site is difficult to search if you don't know the counties.

You can PM me with her info and I'll drop her an email if you'd like.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts