Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
I looked at a couple open bows. Integra I believe is what they called that version. If it isn't the same with an open bow, I couldn't see any other difference. A couple nice ones on our local CraigsList every so often. I know that I never thought the under bow area was too useful. My 169 Chris Craft was a lil' smaller but similar with just carpeted storage under the bow. Only crawled up there a few times to see what was there, then hardly ever even stored anything there either. Used the ski locker or under the hatch...Happy shoppinng!!

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
I know alot of xlt's I have looked at over the years had cleavers on 'em way back when. I always assumed a Mirage would have been about the best for them, but cleavers were popular back in the day wether they worked or not. Neighbor had a 21 Donzi with a cleaver and it sounded like a slippery clutch at work. LOTS of noise and rpms w/o much speed. Change to a 3 blade round ear (maybe a Mirage but not sure) and it ran way faster and sounded like it had to "work" alot less.

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
In my old lil'Chris Craft, I had similar interior set up to what you guys are dealin with...
I mounted "truck" boxes just like the pic...
the sub/mid did good in position down by your feet and the horns pointing up spread out OK.
I had 6x9s under the rear bench too and system was alright for what it was back then...

Attachments

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Congrats on the boat.
I have seen a few Integras around my area. Some with v-6 and a couple 305s too.
Stroked out small block would be cool for ya:)
Having a wife and 2 kids, I could appreciate the open bow seats.
Good luck with it, ENJOY!

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Looks like a good time
Looks like yours was running well in the vid
:)

There was an XLT out on my lake yesterday.
White, black hull sides, and white PowerPlay lettering.
Looked like he was having fun !

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
It is a BIG change, but the best one you will ever have:)
My son will be 13 this year and daughter just turned 4 last month.
I just cannot imagine life w/o them.
If you think you love your boat, just wait ! ! !

And...

When people say, "they grow up so quick"; truer words have never been spoken!!!
Enjoy

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Hey White Knuckles....looks a lot like you were at Hot Boat last fall.

Woogie:
Hopefully the Lake Association learned their lesson last year, but I SERIOUSLY doubt it:(
They have been trying to lower the lake level.
20 years ago when I moved out there it still seemed like it was out of town too.
Not so much any more.
LOTS of ice fisherman lately.
Neighbor has been killing 'em in front of my place.
BIG gills, big crappies, a nice bass, few fat perch, and a pike all last Saturday:)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.