Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
521 - 540 of 571 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ive been boating non stop... cant help it :D. I think ive put somewhere around 65 hours on it the new motor so far. Im heading up too the raft off friday for the weekend with some friends. Its getting kinda old on my lake... cant wait for some bigger water!

But your right about some of these XLT's for sale around here... beautiful boats!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Made some calls on the custom windshield I was looking for and everywhere I called had a quote above 800 bucks... not worth it at all... just for a little windshield on each side of my boat. I can redo the original one for like 250 and it would look amazing. So thats the route Im going. Ill post pics of the process in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Made some calls on the custom windshield I was looking for and everywhere I called had a quote above 800 bucks... not worth it at all... just for a little windshield on each side of my boat. I can redo the original one for like 250 and it would look amazing. So thats the route Im going. Ill post pics of the process in the coming weeks.
Cool man, I'm more a fan of updated originals anyway, I'd keep it stockish or OEM+

Having an issue with my shift interrupt switch, think I have the new style switch and older shift arm, shaped like a fat "U" at the end. All the other pics I see has a roller wheel on a spring like mechanism that falls in the base of the "U". Not too sure about this, but is definitely an issue, should have left it alone at the dock, but I pulled it back a tad...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Having an issue with my shift interrupt switch, think I have the new style switch and older shift arm, shaped like a fat "U" at the end. All the other pics I see has a roller wheel on a spring like mechanism that falls in the base of the "U". Not too sure about this, but is definitely an issue, should have left it alone at the dock, but I pulled it back a tad...[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... not sure man... I know that there is a standard length that the arms need to be... I think my buddy said its 6" when he set mine.... I havent ever messed with that before.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hmmm... not sure man... I know that there is a standard length that the arms need to be... I think my buddy said its 6" when he set mine.... I havent ever messed with that before.
I saw a tutorial or two on youtube about setting the shift linkages and printed up some mercruiser bulletin info, but couldn't find much about the switch similar to my setup. It's almost like a new style switch on old linkage assy, kinda what I was thinking anyway

·
Registered
149 Posts
I bet you could find the old switch dirt cheap on ebay or CL...
Upon doing some research I found out they no longer make the old style and I do have the correct new switch and switch plate, I'm almost certain now my drive cable is out of adjustment. Gotta wait til my buddy gets off work and go make some adjustments to the cable. Kinda stinks that you can't make any interrupt switch adjustments unless you are in the water and the prop can sense load, looks like I have to dip it, I know, sukks huh :laugher:

521 - 540 of 571 Posts