Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... I have a challenge here for ya'll.

I was out on Beer Can Island in Tampa Bay on the 4th of July. As I was walking around the island, an old boat caught my eye.

I had a discussion with the owner -- it was a 19 ft. Raysbrook Craft named Wasting Time. He said there were only 15 of these boat made. Originated in California; made it to Lake Ontario where he purchased it and brought it to Atlantic City. Now, he has it down here in Apollo Beach. He has owned the boat for 19 years. He did some research on it and actually spoke with the maker of the boat ... Ramos, I do believe.

Well.. I have been "googling" and I can't come up with ANYTHING on it.

It was an inboard with 2 pipes out the back. He also stated that the boat has reach 80 mph; that it rides choppy at 30 mph ... so you have to ride slower or faster.

Unfortunately, I did not have a camera with me.

Sound familiar to anyone on here?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Rudy Ramos built Rayson Crafts out of California. Flat bottoms and marathon hulls. He'd build just about anything you wanted. I think the company is still in business but may not be owned by the Ramos family anymore.

:laugher: There are a lot of them around, especially in California, Arizona and the Midwest - maybe they're rare in Florida. I sure as hell wouldn't take one out in the ocean, they weren't made for that.

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
bellyfeel said:
Rudy Ramos built Rayson Crafts out of California. Flat bottoms and marathon hulls. He'd build just about anything you wanted. I think the company is still in business but may not be owned by the Ramos family anymore.

:laugher: There are a lot of them around, especially in California, Arizona and the Midwest - maybe they're rare in Florida. I sure as hell wouldn't take one out in the ocean, they weren't made for that.
When Jen mentioed it to me I said Rayson craft also, but she said it was not.

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
well Rason I heard of, and Raybrook never...

Ill see if I can pull of pics pf a local Rayson from Lake Ontario that was recently sold/// but that wasnt an 80 mph boat

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Umm, Nope, never heard of that name, but there was a ton of small custom builders that many never heard of, too bad you didn't have some pictures of it..

·
Registered
772 Posts
Well, there was only one Ramos around that was racing and building in California. 1955 would have been pretty early in his boat building career. I'm assuming it's wood? V-drive?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well... what can I say... long day out in the bay, a few beers, ....

Rick ... you were right. :bow:

Fyhr ... glad I could "entertain" you... :xz

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
tampaboatersgirl said:
well... what can I say... long day out in the bay, a few beers, ....

Rick ... you were right. :bow:

Fyhr ... glad I could "entertain" you... :xz
Sorry, but don't take it the wrong way, You would of laughed your A$$ off if you saw me slip off my own boat Sunday, it was a sight to be seen, comical for sure.. :xz

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fyhr Factor said:
Sorry, but don't take it the wrong way, You would of laughed your A$$ off if you saw me slip off my own boat Sunday, it was a sight to be seen, comical for sure.. :xz
Sorry I missed it. Many black-n-blues?

Wait... Sunday... I was at the race.... let me take that back... ;)

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
tampaboatersgirl said:
Sorry I missed it. Many black-n-blues?

Wait... Sunday... I was at the race.... let me take that back... ;)
B&B, No , well , not too bad, and my cell phone finally dried out.. :p: :)

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
should've been in Sarasota for the races.... no black-n-blues .... and you probably wouldn't have gotten your phone wet!

:p:

and the weather was probably nicer, the water warmer, and the outstanding company :D

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
tampaboatersgirl said:
should've been in Sarasota for the races.... no black-n-blues .... and you probably wouldn't have gotten your phone wet!

:p:

and the weather was probably nicer, the water warmer, and the outstanding company :D
Yes, That would of been so nice, it sounds Great.!! but we currently seem to have a little distance problem between us.. :(

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fyhr Factor said:
Yes, That would of been so nice, it sounds Great.!! but we currently seem to have a little distance problem between us.. :(
Distance... nah... just a good 1200+ miles....

well, you could've come down on vacation like Donman did....

But hey, I'll enjoy paradise for ya ... k?

:sun1: :sun3:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Um..Summer Vacation in Florida ??? Maybe you can come up here, there's plenty of heat up here for the both of us right now. :winker:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts