Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has an original 1972 28' cigarette, he was the original owner. He wants me to go in halves with him in restoring & re-powering this boat. Anyone have a rough idea of cost? What would the value of this be after completion?

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's a great boat. It will run in any kind of water.
After total restoration I have seen them for sale for around $35,000

·
Registered
55 Posts
jaw, I have an 85 28Cig they are great boats, built like a brick shithouse ;) As for restoration it depends how fancy you want to make it. I am currently having my whole interior redone to look like new style Cigarette upholstry for about 5k, if it needs painted for a simple one color no frills paint job depending on color probably around 5 to 8k if the boat shows print thru like mine does add a few more thousand to get rid of the print thru. as far as motors and drives it all depends on what you want i.e......how much hp, new or used...ect. Add a few more thousand for rigging, i.e....new guages throttles, and other misc parts to replace. You can sink more $$ than you could imagine in a total restoration. Personally I wouldnt put a shitload of money into it unless you plan on keeping it forever because even a fully restored 28 only sells for between 30 and 40k and you can easily put that much $$ into a full (fancy) restoration. Hope this doesnt scare you too much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts