Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to purchase a set of 23p Mirage Props for my 1980 formula 30ft. I have 23p cleavers on it at the moment and I seem to be running higher rpm's than I would like. My question is will the mirage bite a little more than the cleaver and lower my rpm's? Also is there a difference in buying the older mirage props that are solid hub or the newer press in type? I'm running twin 454's with trs drives. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I can't say for sure for you, but it lowered my rpm's down some when I switched from a 21 Cleaver to 21 cupped blade, and I had a little more bite when I did..

Oh yea, the new hubs are a good thing, if you hit something with the prop, it'll only blow out the hub, and not your drive, where as a solid hub can be expensive if you hit something.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm trying to choose between a 23p Mirage or Mirage plus or even step up to a 25p Mirage. I'm spinning around 5300 rpms on twin 454's with 8 people, cooler of beer, and a cat in the boat. Seems a little high to me.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I'll bet the 23" mirage will be perfect. I use a 25" mirage but brings my RPMs down to 4700 (unless I trim to the moon) and gives me extended cruising. My 23s are a good combo of speed and gives me the lift I need for my Formula but less efficient.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.