Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a mint 85 Scarab 1, all original except a repower and refit. All original decals, pinstripes, and interior. Its been dry stored in a climate controlled hanger since new. Boat is a 7.5 out of a 10 easy. Mainly picked this up as a lake boat here for our local lake and plan to use her more as a gentleman's cruiser than anything. Gonna redo the interior and she will be more than nice. Has anyone had any luck tinting the Windscreen? Mine isn't broke but scratched up from age. Love it so far....its the perfect lake boat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have the usual game wardens but they aren't bad.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got out lucky on this one....an interior redo is all that will be needed other than simple upgrades, and the interior really could pass a few more seasons, I just like it nice and fresh looking, lol...installing a new radio and thinking about gauges. Do you like the Livorsi or Faria gauges better?

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Livorsi definitely has a better reputation.
But...I have had a bunch of boats with Farias.
Over the last two years I had to send a couple back to Faria.
Neither worked when I bought the boats that they were in.
I think that they state a limited time warranty, but by the time all was said and done they were returned, repaired, and still working at no cost to me but shipping.
So, I cannot complain. And even have good things to say about Faria.
Usually not as pricey.
I would not have any problem buying a set of Farias.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can get all 7 gauges for about $250 in the faria brand, with white or stainless backing and red lights. All of the factory gauges still work...my dash will look good with the stainless backing I believe. Now I got to figure out a way to dress up all those switches...lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interior was installed today...pics coming tonight!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.