Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1990 Scarab Excel 38

5K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Rock Steady 
#1 ·
I am currently looking at a Scarab in Kemah Texas and was wondering if any on this forum had ever seen it before. See Attached) If my opinion the boat is a solid "B" needs new cabin interior and some TLC. I have experience with Fountains (Fever, Lightning) but am new to the Scarab world.
The boat has fresh 502 mags and new cockpit interior, AC, Livorsi guages)

Is there anything to watch out for? Thanks in advance.

Shaun

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
That's a good looking boat. I'm jealous of the windscreen!

Did you buy it?????

I have a 91 38' Scarab Excel.

If the motors are stock, make sure the exhaust manifold risers are not leaking on the heads! My boat sat for too long before I bought it, and it was a problem. Also on the bigger Scarabs the fiberglass on the bow tends to get chewed up when trailering.

Otherwise its a good boat, haven't had any problems. Cuts right through the rough stuff.
:)

#12 ·
Re: New Interior As We Speak

murphy91167 said:
I am getting the interior done this week, but I cannot decide on the vinyl type - there must be 50. Any suggestions - I was hoping for a soft vinyl but have heard the life expectancy is pretty low.
life expectancy is related to two things on a boat.

1) the amount of time the interior will be exposed to direct sunlight.

2) how hard you guys are on the interior.

what kind of wear and tear will your boat get and I assume it will be well covered during times it's not used?

#16 ·
Rock Steady said:
Nice ride... Enjoy it and post pictures of your progress and of you having fun....

Its amazing to see the simularities from a boat 5 years newer... My old ride
Rock Steady....

I found a YOU TUBE video from Dubai that has your boat on it (it is a commercial filmed for some company) your old boat is featured on it.

I will try to find a link.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVr3qG_TKA8

Check it out!

#20 ·
no but I could give you an email address of the guy who got Rock Steady. I know it was at least in the 20k range... and he got a significant discount... Basically there is no way I could ever afford to bring my boat back over here... never going to be worth it... He had it listed over there for 115k US... I sold it to him for 73k US

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.