Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to start this post for 21 scarab 1 owners. I myself own a 1986, original 350mag and alpha 1 with ~370 hours on it. these boats look sharp for the price tag. i'll post pics soon, hope others would like to show off their rig or have some general discussion/bragging about them.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had the next generation of your boat, a 1996 22' Scarab. Had it for 2 years, but it wasn't big enough or deep enough for Long Island Sound. Never had a problem with that boat!

Attachments

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice. It takes up to 2 foot chop pretty good, anything bigger or with a long span really beats the crap out of the boat. i boat out of boston so it can be a little rough time to time, but overall its usually a nice ride. I guess you cant expect too much more from a 21' boat that weighs 3500lbs. other than that, no complaints. even though its an older boat it definitely turns heads with the 4" stainless thru-hull and the black stripe over the bow that continues over the upholstery.

·
Speak English Or Die!
1,622 Posts
Love Scarab I's, looking forward to seeing pics.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Here is mine. After a bit of windshield, paint and glasswork. Upgraded to a Bravo drive and a strong 383. 74mph GPS and I am still testing props. There should be a support group for Scarab owners. "I will not throw any more money into this old
boat" but she does turn some heads.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 111 Posts