WHAT SHOULD I BE RUNNING
WHAT CAN I DO TO RUN FASTER
NO TRIM TABS NOW
I RUN 58 TO 62 ON SPEEDO
YOU GUYS DO NOT LIKE SPEEDO THO

·
Registered
259 Posts
If you have the stock 7.4l like me, about the cheapest two things you could do are K&N flame arrestor and lab your prop. Maybee good for 1-3 mph. Other than that, like me get a 502 or 496 HO and drop it in. I have been wanting more speed to (who doesn't). I'm going with a new motor. Would like the new 496HO but will settle for a new or slightly used 502 mag.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Actually, that should be pretty close to what your doing,,,,,exhaust and k and n air cleaner will give you a couple MPH for about 3 grand, check 2000 rpm to make sure your at 32 degrees advance, a ignition, ecm kit will give you a couple MPH for about a grand, anything else involves blower or going into the motor for cam changes. ( would also need the ecm to be redone. Seeing you have the 385 hp,,,, a 502 ( 415 )also will only step you up a couple MPH

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
first thing is get a gps and see what yout wot mph is and the rpm, you may need a differnt prop to make some gains , I would guess your 5 mph low but you cant trust your speedo, double check it with a gps beg, borrow or buy one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts