Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congratulations on your good taste.
There's nothing like a Magnum.
I have a 1972 Magnum Sedan that I bought 10 years ago. It has the same hull as yours, but a bigger cockpit, sit up cabin and walk around decks. I repowered with twin 350mag/bravos. The boat has a great ride and goes 65 on radar. There's a picture of mine buried in the reader's rides section. If you want to see more pictures of other 27's, go to thunderboat alley.com.
Enjoy

·
Registered
43 Posts
A lot of people forget that the Magnums were legendary for their ride and performance. They just see a beautiful old boat. A guy in my boat club is restoring a 27 Magnum. I took him for a ride in mine last summer, and he couldn't believe the difference in ride between my boat and his 27 Baja. He was impressed. I have 280S k-planes on mine and they really help. They will help keep it level when it's windy, and a touch of tab helps it fly flatter when it's rough. What kind of drive do you have? I'd love to see more pictures.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.