Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i am going to someday soon hopefully purchase a 288 intimidator , i have just a couple of ?? , i am 6'5 '' and allittle worried about the space down below, i havent been in one yet so , am i even gona fit down there on the bench seats, i mean really when i sit on the seats below , how much will i have to lean over , and how long is the v-berth on in it, and was also wondering about how many pounds total will she weight with the trailer and gas and accesaries added, i see the brochures says 4500# for the boat only, i have a 2000 chevy Z71 ,4x4, with the towing package, i think its rated for 7500#, was wondering how it will tow this boat, thanks so much guys and appreciate all the help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah , and one more thing, was wondering about the exhaust, which option is the best option to go with, to let u guys know i absolutly love the sound of the thru-hull exhaust and want the baddest meaning sounding i can get, but i dont want to spend extra money on after market- what options do i have from the factory, and how loud will it be, does the captains call effect performance

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Hunter...

I'm 6'3" and I fit down below pretty well.
when you're over 6'2" you get used to stooping alot anyway.
I love the 288 and I sleep in it just fine.
I have the aluminum trailer....and I doubt if the trailer weighs more than 1,000 lbs. I think with a full tank of gas and a full water tank ( and of course my a/c adds probably 150 to 200) that the whole package comes in at 6,000 to 6,500 lbs.

ps: My 288 may go up for sale any day now if I can swing a deal and financing on the new 32 Innovator.

ps: I think the vberth is about 5'10" but I always sleep on my side with my knees slightly bent.

I can measure it this weekend or you can ask Dave at Sunsation, he always out here and he's got the specs...

:)

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
ps: I have the regular straight thru exhausts and my boat sounds awsome. The swim platform traps the sounds and make it resonate off the water giving it a really gnarly sound....and the 496/ho has a really staggered idle too.

- jeff

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Hunter4life...we had a 288,you should have no problem sitting,but the v-berth you may have trbl with unless your by yourself!!You should have no problems towing the boat as OBNOUXS's Baja probably weighs the same,and he tows with almost the same truck...I'm sure he has the 6.2 motor..go w the silent choice as many areas are doing noise tests(including LOTO, I heard that today!) If you can afford it, go with Gil Offshore exhaust manifold and risers... they'll make your boat ROAR.They're a little pricey but Boatnut got 2-3 mph faster!!!! ;) ;)

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Hunter, I've got the same boat. your best option is to get in and feel for your self. If posible drive one , that 'l sell ya. As for exhaust I run a HP500 EFI with CMI exhaust with the silent choice. love the fact that when we are crusing I can make her quiet. I can hear the radio and the people in the back.
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
I have a silverado 2500 with the 6.0 and 3:73 gears It pulls it no problem.

Before this I pulled it for 4 years with a 95 Tahoe sport 2 door 5.7 and 3:42 gears with no problems ,,, so I think you will be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts