Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So whats the scoop on a 29 outlaw...... I was throwing out some thoughts on a 26 sonic earlier and got to thinking about a 29 outlaw.

Does it have an enclosed head. Does anyone know the head room in the cuddy. Maybe an extra few weet will help out the cause.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
The 29 OL is a big boat [ real 29'] it doesn't have an enclosed head. Great rough water ride, but I'm not found of the balsa core bottom construction. Make sure you have a survey if you're buying one.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mirage257 said:
The 29 OL is a big boat [ real 29'] it doesn't have an enclosed head. Great rough water ride, but I'm not found of the balsa core bottom construction. Make sure you have a survey if you're buying one.

out of curriosity dont most have a balsa core bottom...

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ThunderKid said:
Have you looked at Active Thunder? They make a great custom rough water boat.

no not really. I just didnt think i would be able to find one in my "hopeful" price range.

I have seen some 29's go for upper 30's. Probably not in great shape... but hey thats how I get them all....

if you have some info on active thunder or some pics I would love to see

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
axkiker said:
So whats the scoop on a 29 outlaw...... I was throwing out some thoughts on a 26 sonic earlier and got to thinking about a 29 outlaw.

Does it have an enclosed head. Does anyone know the head room in the cuddy. Maybe an extra few weet will help out the cause.
get ahold of HammerEb he has one for sale and when I say it is "OUT OF THE WRAPER" I mean it, this boat is A1. I think it's in the for sale sec here.

http://www.speedwake.com/newclassifieds/showproduct.php?product=885&cat=35

·
Registered
367 Posts
I used to boat with a guy back in Utah who had a 29' Outlaw. It was the newer style. He had a pair of 454's with whipples, did around 75 mph @ 5500 ft. He had a fairly large crack located at the top of his keel. Said he got it boating in Havasu in some "Rough" water.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Not Right said:
as far as I know the outlaws and the 272/302/342 series boats have different hulls dont they?
I think the running surface is the same but the 272 302 342 have a built in swim platform..... The cockpit is larger on the 272 series as well

·
Registered
156 Posts
Not to highjack a thread, but if you are interested in a 302, I am considering selling mine. We do not use the boat much anymore and I would consider making someone a good deal. If interested let me know.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SandysBi$$ said:
Not to highjack a thread, but if you are interested in a 302, I am considering selling mine. We do not use the boat much anymore and I would consider making someone a good deal. If interested let me know.

Well sorry to say im just not in the market right now. Maybe in a year or so however its a good ways off.

I would love to know what kind of headroom you have in the cuddy. I understand that I may not be able to get something like a full blown cruiser but I wanna get the best fit for my situation.

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
They did make 25 and still do make a 28. I have a 25 with a 500EFI, year 00'. They are fast boats for a single engine and economical for a speed boat. They have deep cockpits and good headroom in the cabin. You should be able to pickup a 1998-2000 25' between $36K-$42K depending on your motor package.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Pete and SW

Not trying to break any rules here and I doent have permission to send PM, cause I guess I'm a cheap SOB. But info on the 302 is as follows: Speedwake if this is not acceptable please let me know.

2000 302
454 Mag, 385hp each
250 hours
Bravo 1's
4 blade Bravo.

Interior height, I will measure to be exact but probably close to 5 ft. Plenty of head room if you sit down, we have the double seats, sink, stove, refrigerator.

Well maintained, clean, it's 8 years old so couple dings here and there but for it's age very clean.

Triple axle (vanguard) trailer (fair shape)

Let me know if you are interested and I will get some pics together and up my sponsership to SW so we can send PM's.

Mr Baja Pete said:
SandysBi$$,

I might be in the market for your boat, please email me some details.

Pete

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mr Baja Pete said:
SandysBi$$,

On the bottom of my posts there is an email button. Email me and we can discuss offline.

Pete
Pete, dont think that will work. If you are interested (seriously) let me know I will provide my home email address.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts