Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Dweiss67 said:
Winter project is almost ready for the Dino this sat I will know if she will run or not. Hoping for around 500Hp well see. Might just go BANG!
That looks awsome, what kind of prop do you plan to use?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Bravo 1, 24 or 26 pitch gona try both, then sell one of them if I cant find a demo dealer. The few dealers I know about are not answering there phone or just dont seem intrested. I dont know realy how much Hp & tork I will be putting to the water till I run it on the dino.

I'am also running a first generation bravo 1 outdrive, so I hope it will hold up for at least this season, spent enough allready. I broke it down and it looks good so it should make it well see. Skool (Spelling?)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finally ran it on the dino today and ran like a champ. Average HP 465 @ 4900 RPM, and 504 ftlbs torq, max HP 482. Could have pushed it up to 5400 RPM but I dont want to run it in that range.

Happy with 465 well see how she runs with a 24pitch bravo 1 and go from there.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Dweiss67 said:
Finally ran it on the dino today and ran like a champ. Average HP 465 @ 4900 RPM, and 504 ftlbs torq, max HP 482. Could have pushed it up to 5400 RPM but I dont want to run it in that range.

Congrats man :bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
6,826 Posts
Dweiss67 said:

A friend of mine has a '91 242 with 535 hp and turns a labbed 24 Bravo at 5200 and 69 mph

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys, I think a 24 is good place to start. Do you know what the mean by solid hub? I think I'am gona order one today from that Bass boat shop on Ebay.

They want $435 not to bad, but i'am not really up on the terms with these props, never had to buy one they always came with the boat. I know it should come with the hub kit installed but is a soild one the one I want or is there a nother option out there?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts