Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our office managers husband picked this up the other day.

The toon design is interesting, not the normal round tubes, but cut and shaped.

He is already planning to sell it and order a new one with the new supercharged verado's.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Like I have always said,
with enough money and power anything can be made fast..

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
If you look at the bottom of the boat from the rear it appears
to have flat bottom pontoons with a tunnel. It might just run 80 but I would hazzard a guess it rides like crap.

·
Stokers Rule
4,387 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
to have flat bottom pontoons with a tunnel. It might just run 80 but I would hazzard a guess it rides like crap.

Like a cat with pads :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
LOTS of crazy $hit out there. Neighbors have tri-toons with 225 and 250s. JUST DON'T SEEM RIGHT when they go burnin' by @ 50+mph...

·
Registered
475 Posts
That guy stays at our campground. Haven't seen it run only idle in Pleasant creek. If I can catch it I'll get a video of it running.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Rattlesnake Jake said:
I heard the Verados aren't as fast as the 300 Opti Max because of the extra weight..
on a big heavy wet noodle pontoon boat it probably doesn't make a difference, just like on a twin or triple engine center console fishboat the verado's might actually be faster then the opti if not they are real close.

Verado's have a lotta torque, which heavy boats need.

On a bass boat, or a boat like mine the opti is going to be faster then the verado.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Brad Rolland has they fasted pontoon boat on record. It has won the loto Shoot out like 8 years in a row and been in a couple magizines. it runs 80+ with a pair of 300x's.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bryan Rose said:
I have a hard time seeing 80 MPH with a pair of 225's...Maybe 70....

Bryan
They are worked over, I think they are making around 340hp each. It was ran at the loto shootout, not sure what year though.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mark woolard said:
That guy stays at our campground. Haven't seen it run only idle in Pleasant creek. If I can catch it I'll get a video of it running.
His name is AJ and hers is Robin, they are good people, you should introduce yourself, tell them Tim sent yah.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HTRDLNCN said:
It is a tri toon, and yeah the toons do have sort of a pad. That is the coolest part IMHO, I would have taken more picutres but was on lunch and in a hurry.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
That's a nice boat to have when I'm really old, just to show the young whipper snapper's the old man still got it..
T'il then, No thanks.... :D

·
383 Mouse Powered 80.5GPS
682 Posts
I've seen him on the lake twice now. Head on shot I could not figure what it was. Throws a weird tail from each outboard. I'm hoping to get a chance to run him this weekend after I get my new shorty dialed in. It will confirm 80mph or not.

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Dblvanos said:
They are worked over, I think they are making around 340hp each. It was ran at the loto shootout, not sure what year though.

so this is the actual boat that has been run for the past 8 years at the LOTO shootout? I thought it had 300 Opti's on it?

if so I have read about it and that would explain it...

If not , 340 HP out of some 225 yami's is a litlle bit optimistic I would think, nice concept none the less.

Bryan

1 - 20 of 24 Posts