Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Seems to be at the right price not "cheap'.
13 year old 24ft (extra foot is platform) production boat with
stock everything and apparently no trailer for $20,900 .
Add in trailer and tx+title fees and your damn close to $25k
Sounds right to me if the boat is in very nice shape.
Otherwise it may actually be a bit expensive.

Asking prices mean nothing,you need to research what different
models have actually SOLD at,lot of those boats you have
seen for more have probably been for sale for a while
and will be for sale till the owner comes down to earth
or the bank repo's it.

·
Platinum Member
1,495 Posts
Here's my take... the 252 is basically the same as the older 223 model. I've had this dicussion before and had some specs in an old PM....

Size -
The 252 is 25'2" centerline - the 223 is 24'1" so thats a 13" difference in hull length. The 252SS is 3" wider at 8'6". Both have a 22* hull deadrise.

Weight
The 252SS weighs 4575lbs, the 223SS weighs 4250lbs
The 252SS holds 88 gallons of fuel The 223 holds 85 gallons of fuel.

I don't think that boat you're showing is a bad starting point money wize, but between the pink seats, dash design and lack of a trailer I'd be looking for some $$$ off the asking price.

There's also a dramatic ride quality difference between a 22* and 24* hull on the previous generation boats (86-92) I suspect it's the same between a 252 and 271, but I've never been in either.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback/info. So here's a question? How do you know what they're selling for? I've found a lot of people, understandably so because I'd probably do the same, don't like to tell people what they spent.

This also leads to the question....what about the 271 in my other post being listed for $34,500. It's being brokered, so of course that's adding to the top end. Let's see, a 16 year old boat selling for $35k, then tax (I think it has a trailer)? That's crazy.

What are the 271's selling for? Maybe Sam could chime in here? :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

·
Registered
193 Posts
519, I noticed that ad last nite and thought it a good deal I believe they have had it for a while. The one I like is the 252 bowrider they have, but wife says no boat payment.

·
Premium Member
6,826 Posts
Well Masi , we can see who wears the pants in your household :laugher: :laugher: :laugher:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts