Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just read that A/B is going to be taken over by a Belgian company. Another American company falls to the monitary greed of its shareholders. Looks like I'll be looking for another beer to drink.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Coca-Cola is laying off people here in Florida and outsourcing in India.

Now c'mon... Coke is American as apple pie!

What is this country coming to.....?????? :(

American Beer and American Soda .... GONE!

·
Registered
549 Posts
With the weak dollar, look for ALOT more of this, the GE Building and the Chrysler building in NY are now owned by foreigners. Overseas investors are buying alot of land here in the US because it is so cheap with the dollar. Bethlehen Steel is now owned by the Russians.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
We are in a real estate slump with low interest rates and a weak dollar compared to others. I dont blame them for buying...I would. It just sucks for us.

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Years ago when we both worked for the UAW...My brother was a union rep and switched from Coke to Pepsi, and from Bud to Miller, Just because the union said so. Now I drink both (just cause I like each better).
Our companies are all we have left to sell in the US now. :( Wonder how much of our Congressional kickbacks and "campaign contributuions" come from overseas lately. Wonder how bad things will get when Senators X,Y, and Z are bought out to allow even easier corprate takeovers by foreign investors... :mad:

Come on Ralph Nader :) :eek:

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
Selling out the US to overseas is/ has been very disturbing. This has got to end, like 10yrs ago. :dead:

As much as possible, stop buying foreign stuff.

We do have a voice and it does work. Unfortunately our voice has said "I don't care." But, changing now is better than never.

Think before you buy. Use your voice !

BTW: Shameless plug - all products I design/have made for me/ I make are 100% USA made and I will never change that. Yes, you can mark my words.

BTW#2: Yes, that means my Budweiser purchases have now ended.

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
The weak dollar is money from heaven to any company who exports from the US! The profit from the exchange rate alone is simply amazing! :bigsmile:

It is because of the brisk export business that has held the unemployment rate in this country as low as it is.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
ghart said:

It is because of the brisk export business that has held the unemployment rate in this country as low as it is.
yeah , we're just kickingass . :D

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
You can expect to pay more for your Budweiser now, after all, it is an imported beer now! :laugher:

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
Being a Boston native, and that I really like their beer, I hestitate but must ask: What about Samuel Adams ?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I think they are still small enough to be "locally" owned. I cannot belive that the Busch family did this. I am sure the "Bud Elders" are turning in their graves. I just hope they stop all the "We are America" ads that they run!

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
C team said:
Owned by the Amish! :laugher: :laugher: :laugher:
They have been distributing in FL for about the last 5 years, I thought I heard it was with a partnership with an AB distributor over in Tampa, but not sure??

1 - 20 of 33 Posts