Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
obnoxus has a 272 Baja with a stock 454 injected-23 bravo prop
(claims 330 hp :D )runs 67 mph on the speedo:confused:

He just purchased a stock,injected 502 and just finished installing it. With only a few minor details left,he might splash today.

So as you can imagine here is the question.What do think his top speed will be now??

A little hint. I own a Baja 250ES
(older style but almost the same boat) with a carburated 502. Same prop. At present we are almost equal in speed.
(Thats why I put the :D under claims 330hp)

You will win absolutely nothing,except knowing you are right.If he goes alot faster I'm sure the beer will be on him.
If he stays the same,the beer will be on me:gunner: :laugher:

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
nah,,, thats one thing I never did was tweak #'s,,, what it is , it is !!! He wasnt saying I claim to run 67,,, he said I claim to have only 330HP,,,, which I do,,,, well did !!!

Now if I could only get the damn 502 to run !!!!

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
I'd say 65:laugher: :laugher:

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Well I bet it will run about as fast as it can....................

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Ok,,, It runs !!! no one guessed yet,,,,, and NO IT WASNT SLOWER !!!!

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Glad you're back in the water ! :)
So how well did it run, rpm's, etc. ?

You mean we're still playing the game ?
Ok, I'll guess again, 72 mph ! :D

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
same prop,,,,5150 rpm on the rev limiter 73 MPH on the speedo, so 6 mph gain,,, gonna try a 25 and see if I can turn it.

I'm a little nervous though,,, I am getting some smoke out of the breather,,, I knew when I put it in it was a used engine, I plan to rebuild this winter,, I just hope it holds together all summer.

I have a Kand N arrestor and breather on it,,, I am going to go back to the factory one for the rest of this season for the fact that the factory arrestor had the valve cover breather plumed right into it so it wont be blowing all over my nice clean motor compartment !!

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Oh,,, and still no porpose no tabs wide open,,,, hull blueprinting works !!!

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
73 on the speedo? So that means I was right with saying 65 on GPS:laugher: :laugher:

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
you guys are brutal !!!! Well the hatch was off, but I had 2 extra people in the boat so I figure it even out.

Hmmm drill out the speedo,,, I caould have saved myself the trouble of swapping motors.

Something is strange though, either there was something done to this motor, or the 99 25 outlaw I raced had a problem, I talked to the guy after ,,, I had him by 8 MPH !!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
UH OH! I had a piece of wood in my speed pick point and had to drill the wood out. Hope I didn't change the diameter of the pick up point.;) Does that really change it?

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
dont worry,,, Bravos have a stainless tube in them,,, If you opened it up that much you would have problems anyway !!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts