Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is truly what the boating community is all about.As some of you may have read,I been having a slight problem with my boat,and it might be in the drive?:confused: Well Candyman has 2 extra drives he replaced from his Fountain,and he was GRACIOUS enough to let me borrow his drive to help me narrow down my problem. That's a great offer,and what the boating community is all about....

I just wanted to come on and personally thank Dan for his generous offer and let the forum members understand what a great bunch we as boaters can be.

Thanks Dan

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Big Bubbles.. No Troubles..:D Always happy to help if I can. So Boatnut what did we find out???:D I'm glad it was an easy problem! You guys want to take a run over to Pastrick by car on Friday night. Poker Runs are always good motivators for "Fivefootitise". Spell check should love that.:D

Dan

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The boat acted fine ,but when I yanked my old drive,a sizeable hunk of wood fell out,like it was jammed. So I am going to put my old drive back on again ,and retest....I feel like a mad scientist:D Still the temp issue ,I am going to make a post in the tech section,more clearly,and pick some brains.

I'll let you know about Pasterick's....see what the other half has planned:)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Boatnut,
Since you don't have a water pressure gauge it is hard to tell if something happened in that area.
Check the gauge.
Check the impeller.
Did you possibly suck some sand and debris into the motor? Hopefully it's something easy and cheap.
Dan

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
And the good news is bnut didnt question the couple MPH he lost from the "modifications" Candyman and I made to the drive !!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.