Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need to add one of these and I am not sure where I should run the tube to. Should I send it to the flame arrestor or the carb. I have seen many discussions and am not sure. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
You need a vacume source for a PCV valve. Your only option is to attach to the carb. If its a q jet, there is no port. If its an Edelbrock there also is no port, but what you can do like I did to my edelbrock was to drill though the bottom of the carb through edelbrocks filler is then add a port on the front. The markings are already there from the factory where to drill.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
SweetEmotion said:
If you have valve cover breathers is it still a good idea to have a pcv valve?
I'd say as long as your engine is'nt blowing oil out of area's it shouldn't, or blow-by, then I'd leave it alone. As far as Mercury's use of PCV's in stock form is concerned, some engines use them, some don't, some use 1, and some use 2, and some only use 1 plus 1 open elbow, and some use none with 2 open elbows. I've never figured out why that is, but they must know what's best..

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
bellyfeel said:
Can you run the PCV tube to one of the runners in the intake manifold?
No. The only port with a place to put it is Number 8 and thats for the brake booster. If you run a stream of Vac, your run that cyl lean. If your just holding pressure like the booster its no problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.