Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what the heck man i put the cover over my boat took i t off today wanted to clean it up for the weekend and wherever the canvass touched vinyl it turned my white seats pinkish any help whys it doing that.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
My cover does that to a certain degree. Not quite that bad though.

Typically if the boat sets in the sun for a few hours it takes care of it. Im not sure what the heck it is. Mold or dye from the cover. Sun seems to take care of it though.

·
Registered
833 Posts
wow.... I'd break out the "fantastic" and sponge... I find carpet cleaners work quite well on vinyl, especially white. Just wipe clean with a damp cloth, then a dry one right after a good scrubbin'

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Andretti 502 said:
:confused1 ...really?

the sun takes care of mine. I have one of thoes heavy a$$ covers from west marine I think. Where it lays on the back sunpad edge it will turn a blotchy purple color. I have tried cleaners, erasers, even just a little bit of thinner and nothing touches it

However a couple hours in the sun and it disappears.

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
I had a boat once that did that with a heavy canvas cover.
The effected area will disappear after a couple hours in the sun --- at least mine did.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
i left my boat in the sun once and Poof it disapeared
Oh yea along with the wife

havent seen either in years

Man i miss that boat :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kool your one of the lucky ones, well it looks like its starting to fade away but it may take a few days to disappear thanks everyone for the 411.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I had a life jacket that was made with a thermal transer process that transfered to my seat. Nothing would clean it off. After a few weekends n the sun it started to fade then one day it was gone.

Also my 4 yo made a mess on the boat with watermellon, as soon as I saw it I tried to clean it up with a vylan cleaner and then a majic eraser - no luck. 1 hour later it was gone.

Attachments

·
Rock Steady
13,139 Posts
My black cover would do this a little to my sunpad as well, and sure enough, after being in the sun for a bit all the marks were gone...

Hope it gets better for you.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Leud Conduct said:
Try "Magic Eraser" from Mr.Clean, you can get it at the grocery store, works awesome on white upholstry and takes off all the hull marks to!
Yes! Magic Eraser for sure. I think Mr. Clean should give me a job. I could do an infomercial or something. :star:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Boatme said:

Dude, sorry to hear about your boat! :( :( :( :(

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Boatme said:

GREAT IDEA !!! I think I will leave my wife and all of my bills out in the sun.

Sorry about your boat !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts