Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Good colors.

$6000 is just opening bid.

Looks like it`s gonna take $11,500 to buy. Still pretty fair deal.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Looks really good, My first boat was a 89 Formula 242, never had to many problems with it. Great hull on that boat. The carpet probably got wet from the hatches leaking, happened to mine. Very easy to fix.

:rambo:

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
scarab38 HN said:
Looks really good, My first boat was a 89 Formula 242, never had to many problems with it. Great hull on that boat. The carpet probably got wet from the hatches leaking, happened to mine. Very easy to fix.

:rambo:
It seems the water line was a little higher than just the floor, it looks like it made it up to the bottom of the cushions.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
that is a rare boat. i don't think Formula made many curved windshield 242 with twins. I think 87 was the last year for them. i LOVE the blue :bandit:

·
Registered
320 Posts
I love the lines on those old Formulas, and one of these might end up being my next boat, but I have a question for anyone who has owned one: How do you step onto the deck from inside the cockpit? Do you have to go through the cabin hatch, over the windshield, what? The ones that I have seen do hot have a walk-thru windshield, and my current Baja Force does not have one either. I access the deck either by stepping onto the passenger seat, onto the top of the gunwale, and over the windshield, or I go through the hatch when the bimini top is up. But my boat had a nice wide surface on top of the gunwale to step onto. The Formula's that I have seen look to be very narrow in this area. What is the best way to jump onto the deck to set an anchor, tie dock lines, etc.? Or do you have to be some type of gymnast, which I am far from being? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
406 Posts
i have a 242 SS and it's pretty easy to get to the bow. I step on the drivers seat over to the gunwale and walk up the the deck. The gunwale is plenty wide enough to step on but I would still be careful. The high windshield is strong enough to lean on. Hanging fenders is probably better on a formula than most any other boat because formula installed railing all around the perimeter of boat and the interior. Unless I'm in a strong current or windy area I usually throw anchor from the cockpit and tie it off at the side cleat. Even if the conditions are nasty I still throw from the cockpit but I hop up the bow and relocate the line there.

My old boats were horrible to get to the bow. I had a 22 pachanga that I sold becuase of the bow access. I would break my neck getting over the windshield only to slip and fall into the drink. Then I had a Baja H2X that wasn't much better with a huge plastic fairing between the cockpit and bow. I think I cracked it the first weekend out.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I have the same year and model. I am surprised that this one does not have bolsters. At least it has the good controls. Also looks like it has indicators. Those would be nice!

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
i think its a great deal also that 272 is good too even if its half solid and runs

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
SpectreBoy said:
Someone tell me how come 2 right hand drives, shouldn't it have a left and a right?
some did have the counter roation alphas some did not. My 272 Formula had both right hand drives. The boat handled fine and drove great.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
looks like someone did a buy it now, I wish I was ready to upgrade, i would have loved to have that boat. Only thing it needed was bolsters.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts