Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this story a couple years ago. It was published in a boating magazine, I forget which one. I will retell it to the best of my ability. The author swore it really happened.....

A gentleman who was quite elderly had just purchased his first boat. It was a cruiser, about 25' in length with a big V8. It seems he had just launched it for the first time and was having difficulty getting it to plane out. In fact, it just had no power at all. The dealer where he purchased the boat, had a service center located nearby, right on the lake shore. He slowly made his way over there and discussed his problems with the mechanics at the dealership. They went out to the dock to have a look at his new boat. Everything seemed in order, all mechanicals looked OK. The mechanics took it out for a test drive. Sure enough, no power, would not get on plane. The engine seemed to pull just fine. Back at the service center, everyone was scratching their head. Then suddenly someone noticed something suspicious.....No, it couldn`t be! THE TRAILER WAS STILL ATTACHED TO THE BOAT!!!!!
Completely tied on, still underneath the boat. The elderly gentleman was never told to disconnect the trailer, being new to boats, he simply didn`t know any better! He did mention that it was a real bitch to launch the thing!

BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Another "Oldie but Goodie" !

True or False ? Who knows!

The different times that I've heard it, its usually a blonde or some female that backed it in.
The boat always seems to change also.

But hey, it still makes a great story! :D

Thanks DonMan !

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Yep... heard it before,,, same thing it always changes, and usually a female blonde.

Personally, I am lucky to have my wife as a boating partner, I will put her driving skills against most guys and she will win !!!

It is funny to hear guys snicker as she comes idleing up to the dock while I am getting the trailer, she sets the nose in the v-bunks straightens it out, a little throttle and nice and easy to the bow stop. She always has the zhit eating grin on her face when she knows someone was watching/making fun of her,,,, before they saw her do it that is !!!!

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
obnoxus said:
Yep... heard it before,,, same thing it always changes, and usually a female blonde.
We blonde females get such a bad rap!!! :nah: :winker:

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Ahh, the truth comes out. :D
Still way too funny no matter who was the idiot :laugher: :laugher:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.