Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THANK'S enigma......
Well another project (hopefully)behind me.
I have had constant problems with my rear hatch cover.The hinge screws pull right out of the cover. The design is poor,and they just use wood screws to go right into the hatch.
About a yearor so ago,I even replaced the wood,and had a place transfer the skin......Well then the support pulled away,causing exess stress on the hinges and they pulled out again......

Today enigma and myself hopefully remedied the problem for good. We pulled the hatch,removed the skin,and used locking retainers on the opposite side that beat into the wood ,and then you can use machine screws,instead of going into the wood direct..
Came out good:)We then cleaned my bilge,from my prior project.....Another success:)

I could not have done this alone.........SOB is heavy
THANK's enigma...:bigsmile:
Here's a couple of pic's

Attachments

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
BN,
I see you worked real hard today. :D It's good to have friends.
What do you guys have planned for the weekend? I'll be boating on Saturday and plan to go to Hammond for there Venetian night celebration by land. Have you or Enigma given any thought on running up to Racine on the 10th. It should be a blast!
Dan

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your right,like I said,could not have done it without his help.

Dan, on SaturdayI think I'm hooking up with Watson and we are running some checks on my boat. He has some $6000.00 machine he wants to play around with....hey he offered.

On Sunday,just boating and relaxing the day.You and Vicki should come hang at the beach awhile.

As far as the Racine run goes,I think that is the week I start school. Classes are on Saturday and Sunday form 8Am-5Pm:(
Let me check for sure,and if I am free it sounds like a blast.Racine has a nice harbor,and I've never made that long of a run.

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SUNDAY, probably "Beer can Beach" next week I have to go to LOTO to close on another lot we bought on Friday,Saturday is the Homeowners assoc meeting for our subdivion coming home on Sunday ...so we cant make Racine, but the week after sounds possible!!!;) ;)

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
No problem BNUT... that's what boatin' buds are for!!!! only next time lets pick a cooler day(not a 105 heat index day) or at least let me put the a/c in the shop!!!! ooooh and thanks for lunch!(Ilove it when you buy, it don't get any better):laugher: :laugher: :laugher:p.S. the trailer will have to be a winter project or at least a COOOOOLER day!!!!! :laugher: :laugher:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.