Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Karen and I spent Saturday evening most of Sunday on the boat. We went to our favorite town; Rock Hall and ate our favorite summer food; crabs Saturday night. I turned into a dancing machine because our favorite summer band; BIG CAM & THE LIFTERS was playing at Watermans Crab House, where we docked for the night.

Man o man what great night. It took us about 1 hour to go 40 Nautical Miles and we got there right around 6 pm sat night.

We had a great time and danced our butts off then walked about 75 feet back to the boat where Karen attacked me as soon as we boarded.

This morning Karen took some pics and we cruised (hardly) up to the C&D Canal and had lunch at the Chesapeake Inn on the canal. The water was really rough today and we both had our vests on and the boat was airborne more times that I can count. But we're home safe & sound and the boat's all washed, flushed and put away till next weekend. All the pics are posted in the photo gallery.

http://www.speedwake.com/cgi-bin/photopost/index.pl?cat=500&user=1&thumb=1

:) ciao!

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Great photos ! I take it that the Forum Goddess was the photographer.

Sounds like you had a very good weekend !
"Big Cam and the Lifters", pretty cool name for a band !

Wish we had dock scenery like that in this area, but it does look somewhat similar to Cedar Creek Lake in Texas.
Glad you both had a good time !!! :D

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
What ! No "topless" car photos ???

You didn't think that we would forget, did ya ! :laugher: :laugher:

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Car,,,, no,,, not what I had in mind !!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
to answer a few questions:

Stu asked a few questions about the background scenery in Rock Hall.

The BIG Canopy has lots of picnic tables underneath. To the left of the canopy is a small aframed roof where the band plays and there's a open dance area on the deck in front of the band. Then there's a bar facing the dance area and band. In addition there are more tables to the left on the "original" deck area of the restaurant.

I've been going to this town for almost 25 years and it's growing slowly every year from more boat traffic.

- jeff

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rock hall

pic1

this place is very cool. They have a huge fire hose and at night after the place closes they use the hose to wash down the floor... from all the crab pieces all over the place from serving crabs at most of the tables.

State law in Maryland prohibits restaurants with carpeted floors from serving crabs. All crab restaurants must have linoleum, concrete or deck floors.

we like this place because there are all types of people that show up.

from local fishermen to millionaires on yatchs piloted by professional captain. A 60 foot yatch showed up yesterday just before we left piloted by a professional captain with a very good looking couple in their late 30's with two small kids. It was a beautiful Viking Motor Yatch.

Attachments

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
JEFFJ said:
Karen and I spent Saturday evening most of Sunday on the boat.

We had a great time and danced our butts off then walked about 75 feet back to the boat where Karen attacked me as soon as we boarded.

Jeff,this may not be approiate for all forum members to hear.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea, she attacked me for dancing with another woman.....

ask her about the blond barmaid that has the hots for me and I'll tell you about the guy she started dancing with after she sent me to get a drink for her!!!! - the NERVE of that woman!

:)

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
That's not what brother 1boatnut wants to hear:confused:

I like happy endings.
And I'm sure with you and greeneyedbeacher,there all HAPPY endings.

Shhhhhh......Now tell us more about this blonde barmaid (you sly dog you):lick:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the blond bar maid... Karen is going to have to tell you about her, because Karen keeps razzing me about her....

Actually, I think she likes Karen more than me (haha!).

:) jeff

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
JEFFJ said:
yea, she attacked me for dancing with another woman.....

ask her about the blond barmaid that has the hots for me and I'll tell you about the guy she started dancing with after she sent me to get a drink for her!!!! - the NERVE of that woman!

:)
Lies... all LIES!

Well, there was crab-eating, music, dancing, a blond barmaid, a dancing guy, and attacking, but it was all good. :p:

The crabs were large and sweet, the band was hoppin', and Jeff and I were dancing machines. Then Jeff wimped-out and went to the bar, and I continued dancing at the edge of the dance floor. A very randy boater approached me, but I told him my exceptional, 6'2", 3rd-degree black-belt boyfriend would be back any minute. The (tattooed and pierced) blond barmaid is a wonderful woman in her late 50's that has worked the bar for 20 some years. She loves to put extra shots in our drinks because she gets a kick outa Jeff. And the attacking, well... enough said! ;) :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts