Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Wife's job is taking us to Duluth MN in June. I'd like to talk to anyone from the Duluth area with knowledge of the boating on Lake Superior and the Job market in the area. Am actively looking for a new job and place to live. Any input will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.....Splasher:cool:

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Been to Duluth quitea few times. However, never in the summer time. I've been up in late spring when the boating season was just taking off. It is a lot shorter than the southern great lakes, but it's a lot more enjoyable (I've heard). I've pent a few summer weeks in northern Michigan (similar to Duluth). Summer days are only a few degrees cooler, and the humidity is typically a lot less. Lots of beautiful shore line up the Minnesota coast. A popular run is going along the shore to Two Harbors. Also, the Apostle Islands are only about an hour and a half tow away.

As far as the living situation, I'd seriously look at living in Wisconsin if you can. Superior itself is a dump compared to Duluth, but Duluth has an extra tax for just about everything you buy. If you don't mind a 20 mile commute, theres tons of open spaces in Wisc.

Good luck.

-Bayley

·
Registered
523 Posts
I am only about two hours from Duluth and know the boating well. Especially if you want to go the Apostle Islands. They are beautiful. Let me know if you need more info. As far as the jobs I am not as familiar with the Dultuth job market. Bayley had a good piont about living in Wisc.
Good luck
Musso

1 - 3 of 3 Posts