Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of opening one for our business. We sell 90% of our goods on ebay. We also have a website ( www.sensiblesaddles.com ) but it hasnt generated the amount of business I had hoped for. One of the issues is the website is extremely time consuming becasue the inventory constantly changes. Its rated pretty well and sees some traffic but ebay has just been a gold mine for us. Just looking for any feedback from anyone with experience.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
one of my buddies runs one,,, he found a niche with parting out powersports quads, ct 70's dirk bikes etc.

Spends alot of time IMHO running around to swap meets and such,,,, but sells it all on ebay,,,,, doing quite well

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I have had a ebay store for over a year. Its $15 a month for the store but the listing are cheaper and you can run them 30 days at a fixed price...

Over the summer months I sell a huge amount of Used PWC Parts and Trailers and what ever..

I noticed a large Decline in return $$ for the items but still steady buyers

JUST GO FOR IT!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rex,
I have been looking at the fees and although the insertion fees are lower the final value fees are much higher then if sold on a regular auction. We pay about $15 on a $500 saddle where it would cost about $26 with if sold from an ebay store. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I sold items in auction form for years and switched to store about a year ago and I sell more items and my Ebay costs are less than half. When I was doing just auctions I would list about 30 items a week and listing costs were killing me. With the store I list over 300 items a week and about 20 fast movers in auctions to get people to the store. This has worked very well for me and cut my Ebay fees. The store is only a good option if you have many items to list.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Mr. Demeanor said:
How are the overall fees less when the final value fees are much higher? We list about 20 items a week.
I put my phone number in all my adds and I sell a lot more over the phone than I do on Ebay as I have more than 1 of each item. I put the slow movers in the Ebay store and high end items only cost me $1.32 a year to list instead of $5.00 to $6.00 a week. If you only have 20 different items to your inventory then a store is not the way to go I have about 1000.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts