Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are in the area and wanna run your boat this weekend, Lance (Lance's Turtle Club) is having the 2nd Turtle and Hare fun run Sunday. If you are interested drop me a e-mail at [email protected] and I will help get you signed up, $50 a boat includes lunch and 2 T-shirts they have all sorts of stuff lined up Baby Oil twister was good last year and a host of other activities are in store too!! so far he has 39 boats signed up and paid!!!

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Wish I was a little closer. I`m at least 6 hours away. Not to mention, I have to work this weekend!
:gunner: WORK...

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
F18,

I have a buddy working in Humble (humbolt?) he's been wanting to go to the turtle club lately. Is there anything for a guy w/out a boat to do there at the club?

About all he does now is hangout at SRO club.

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Tanned, yea there are lots of things to do like.........................................Drink beer and ............................................drink beer and oh yea did I say drink beer....... But really, it is a pretty cool place, it is a floating tavern right on Clear Lake, They have about 8 slips and also people can tie their boats up right to the outside of the club. Sometimes we all show up and just hang there all day, most times we all head out and go other places but we almost always return to the Turtle:D The guy that owns it is a boater so need I say more? He also put's on a good time. Hey your buddy is in (umble) Humble they drop the H here........Don't ask why. If your buddy wants to come down Sunday a come along I am sure we can find him a spot to sit:D I will be alone this weekend anyway. We can then pick up a few seat covers at the TC and go!!! I think we are all gonna meet around 9 or 9:30 and then eat and head out around 11? I may be off on the leaving time. Drop me a e-mail or have him call my cell....281-728-6135

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
That sounds like a blast!! Little too far for me to attend but sounds like a good start of boating season.

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea we know last years run was really wild and he had only 18 boats!! this year so far he has 39 signed up and paid so if all goes as planned it will be a blast:D Wish you guys could make it, but I do understand it is a long hual for just a day's run. Hey maybe you can make it for the Poker run? it is June 8th should also be one Heck of a time.....:D :D

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Fa18,

Thanks, I'll call him down there in the Uoston area and give him your #.

Oh yeah the drink beer and seat cover thing would work for him...foer some reason chicks dig him and he doesn't even try....it's sick.

If he calls His name is Robert.......he might say Bryan or BR gave him your #....that's me.

Hell I'd go too....can you stop by and pick me up in your FA18? I could meet you at Forbes, Whiteman or Moffit:D :D :D :D

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wish I had one to pick you up in, the only turbine time I get now is what NASA has to offer :D and they for some reason will not let me borrow any of them for the weekend.....:laugher: I guess they know me to well......... I did fly into Olathe I think it is when I was in training back years ago. One of the guys I flew with his folks lived just out from there.

Yea tell him to call, we will be meeting early Sunday and going form there, he is more than welcome to ride along hell he might turn out to be the life of the party huh???? SHould be plenty of Chicky poo's runnin loose too. Last year everyone had 2 or 3 spares with em...:laugher: :laugher:

Tell him my name is Tim........

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Ok,

I gave Robert the info............He said he'll call.......hey your not Nextel are you? He could 2-way you.......he's got a KC one and a TX one.

It looks like August 16-18th APBA is going to end up in Chorpus.....(cancel the Canada race) we are going to get a contingent to come down and watch Gordo race.......maybe we can hook up with some of the TX people if they wanna come down to CC.

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea we will be down there for the races, But I think the dates are August 23,24 and 25? I might be wrong take a look at the website........ http://www.powerboatshootout.com/ I am a memeber of Topps, I will be one of the the Patrol Squadron boats. So definetly look me up before you come down. We can hook up and have a brew or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5..................... Nope I am not on nextel sorry.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I just got on the APBA forum and the scuttlebutt is that it might be the same race your talking about.......APBA is mum on it right now though.

Where is a good place to stay that's nice and not to far? Last time I was there we stayed at the Holiday inn on the island (good Tikki bar) it seemed like the most happening place down there. Where do they race from there? Do the race out of the bay past Aransas?

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We all get free rooms and such and I think we will be at the Omni? not sure yet. It is a nice place the Holiday Inn does have a better in house bar I think thou. Here is a map of the course I hoep it will be big enuff to see:laugher:

Attachments

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well if you have a car it isn't too bad of a ride but if you are walking............

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hello, whats going on here, a turtle run, I think I will be off this weekend, sunday sounds fun, F18 will this run be in the Galveston Bay? most of the time the water is too big for my Bajah2x, its only 24foot and some change, what do you think about that? or is it up the river? how long will it last, do they stop at the sandbar at the end? only been there once by boat had a good time, let me know thanks Mark

1 - 16 of 16 Posts