Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just thought I would post up some photos in the apache section since its sort of ummm DEAD in here in this particular section. Time to give the Apache forum some life is all
How are ya? and NO thats NOT my apache thats the old Little Skeezers boat 47 FT (took those photos when I went to scope out those drives for you)
J

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah im getting around to mine, I really want to finish the car and get it driving first before I undertake the apache face lift. Im still deciding on a paint scheme and lately every free minute I have my sketch pad GLUED to my side with all my markers and anything and everything I see I am jotting down. Its funky though, Alot of my designs look just like Cigarette's designs but not quite as loud as they are now, (yeah the color king here is saying cigs are just TOO MUCH these days and Ill put colors on ANYTHING not nailed down to a surface.)
My wife keeps pointing out that I keep going back to all my tons of photos of 41 and 47 war party and she thinks as I do that that particular boat was just it for me. Thats as classy yet as wild as I want to be but I cant bring myself to paint my boat EXACTLY like the 41 war party boat so im stuck but hopefully something will shake loose from the tree and Ill have the design nailed down. Have been doing alot of painting on the side lately for people and making some money here and there to keep things cool. Latest big project was a new corvette powerwheels car and MAN tricky to get primer to stick to the plastic but once I did, man that little thing came out great I did not want to get rid of it LOL so I had it in my kitchen for about a week.

Im even thinking about changing the name of my apache too to something more "kick you in the teeth" and grab you by your junk and crush it in a vice type of name like Scalp taker or something more sadistic the princess is just too soft and for a boat with staggered blower engines ya know thats louder than hell I think I want something more 'threatening' if you will.
the more time I spend thinking about it Ill never actually get around to DOING It.
J

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Maybe you should post a thread about a theme and/or name. I always enjoy reading other people's responses and might trigger an idea for you. Just a thought.

·
Registered
700 Posts
JayL, why don't you give us a step by step photo album of the progress of your 41' Apache Princess?.
Jayl13 said:
Yeah im getting around to mine, I really want to finish the car and get it driving first before I undertake the apache face lift. Im still deciding on a paint scheme and lately every free minute I have my sketch pad GLUED to my side with all my markers and anything and everything I see I am jotting down. Its funky though, Alot of my designs look just like Cigarette's designs but not quite as loud as they are now, (yeah the color king here is saying cigs are just TOO MUCH these days and Ill put colors on ANYTHING not nailed down to a surface.)
My wife keeps pointing out that I keep going back to all my tons of photos of 41 and 47 war party and she thinks as I do that that particular boat was just it for me. Thats as classy yet as wild as I want to be but I cant bring myself to paint my boat EXACTLY like the 41 war party boat so im stuck but hopefully something will shake loose from the tree and Ill have the design nailed down. Have been doing alot of painting on the side lately for people and making some money here and there to keep things cool. Latest big project was a new corvette powerwheels car and MAN tricky to get primer to stick to the plastic but once I did, man that little thing came out great I did not want to get rid of it LOL so I had it in my kitchen for about a week.

Im even thinking about changing the name of my apache too to something more "kick you in the teeth" and grab you by your junk and crush it in a vice type of name like Scalp taker or something more sadistic the princess is just too soft and for a boat with staggered blower engines ya know thats louder than hell I think I want something more 'threatening' if you will.
the more time I spend thinking about it Ill never actually get around to DOING It.
J

·
Registered
700 Posts
Jayl13 said:
Just thought I would post up some photos in the apache section since its sort of ummm DEAD in here in this particular section. Time to give the Apache forum some life is all
How are ya? and NO thats NOT my apache thats the old Little Skeezers boat 47 FT (took those photos when I went to scope out those drives for you)
J
As you say, time to give the Apache forum some life Jayl13...You in the water yet?

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Guess i am in the same position as Jay at this point still working on my car mostly.
But have aquired most of the componets wanted for the install of turbos on the boat. I am dedating a bit of port work to the Brodix heads purchased the CNC work they did is good but rough in my book. The springs sent me were wrong for a turbo set up even though i explained what i wanted. Probably too late to exchange them. I did a lot of work on the carb boxes and inakes last year. Also thought this post would keep things alive in the Apace forum once again

1 - 19 of 19 Posts