Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
SE,
I have run those inserts for years, I run the inline mufflers since my exhaust exits the side. It did lower the dbs and I lost no power.
I did get a ticket once for loud exhaust, water cops did not believe I had mufflers but it just made easier to get out of... when I brought my exhaust in to court!...lol

·
Registered
247 Posts
i have a set in mine from teague marine and love them, knocked the noise down a good bit. its still loud but not near as bad as it was......dry cmi's with 600hp

will they pass the Db meter...??????but much better for sure

i didnt loss on the top end, midrange pulls like a bitch......no noticable temp diffrence either

·
383 Mouse Powered 80.5GPS
682 Posts
I have a set of Imco slip ins. They noticeably quiet the exhaust but I lost power on top end. We have no noise regulations in our state so not much need to use them.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All I need to do is quiet it down 5 dbls thats it. I was running straight ss tips would a set of rubber flappers quiet it enough do ya think?

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
FastEnough said:
Do you have a picture you could post on here of them? The eBay picture is not working.

Also does anyone else have a set of slip-ins they want to get rid of?
Anyone else have a problem with the pic on ebay?? shows up fine for me :confused: :confused:

pic below..

Attachments

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got busted in Spring Lake right by the Brewhouse :drinker: . Thanks for the offer Andy I got a pair already to try out. Gonna try them Sunday see how it goes

·
Registered
230 Posts
SE,
The rain here has been crazy...rains just enough so I have trouble getting any work done. The interior is going back together at a slow pace. I would like to be in water by August 15 th
Im also doing some work near the side exhaust, The gel was cracked from the heating and cooling process. I will have to repaint some areas and I'm going to touch up the flames as they are 14 yrs old.
I'll shoot some pics when I'm done
Here's a work in progress shot

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts