Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did several searches and this forum is the only thing I found. Unfortunately this Formula Forum is pretty quiet and I don't have a performance boat anyway.

I was looking for another, more active site for Formula owners. Specifically, I am looking to buy a cockpit table for a 280 SS and thought that someone, somewhere must have one laying around in a garage or something.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

RyanMcQ
Formula 280 SS
Annapolis, MD

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
I haven't found one for Formulas yet, but a couple guys on another board are talking about starting one. There are a few Formula owners on the donzi.net site. I absolutely love my Formula!:)

Attachments

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice boat

Cuda-

Nice looking boat. What year?

I never did find a more active site for Formula owners. Perhaps we need to attract some other owners here?

Here's my Formula.

Attachments

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1998 280 Sun Sport

With single 7.4 MFI and Bravo III outdrive. Certainly not a muscle boat (see my original post), but very comfortable for the family, durable for running around the Chesapeake Bay, and fast enough so it isn't boring.

I also have a 60mph jet boat for satisfying that need for speed.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Guess I should've posted a little sooner.
Welcome to the board.

I did some searching last week and the only Formula owners site I found was on Formula's page.

Glad to have another Formula owner around.:D
We have an '88 F-206 LS with a single 350MAG and and Alpha drive.
I'll post some pics..... as soon as I take them:rolleyes:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am hoping to be a formula owner soon I am 22 years old and am looking for a 85-89 206 or 223 with a 350( a little better on gas) i have to sell my 2000 Jetski first. anyway I am also looking for a formula forum to find out more about the boat they look awesome

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
A 206 with a 350 is what got me started with all this madness. We were out in my center console one day, it was rough, and we were getting pretty well beat up running just fast enough to stay on a plane. I saw a boat go flying by me taking the rough chop in stride. We ended up at the same dock, that's when I saw what it was. I liked the way it looked and the way I saw it run. Started searching for a 206 myself. I found a good deal on a 20 SC, which looked to my eyes to be about the same boat, so I bought it. Then I decided I wanted something bigger, so I bought the 242 LS. I still have the 20, I'm redoing the interior on it. I plan on keeping it too. I'm thinking of building my own stack storage and getting a fork lift!:D 5 boats and two jet skis.:eek:

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Yukongt, my 20 is great on gas. It has a slightly warmed over 355 and Alpha drive. It burns less fuel than my 18 foot open fisherman with a 175 ob.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Way to go Jeff, good response. LOL:D

I've been looking around and the only (dedicated) Formula owners site is on
FormulaBoats.com .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts