Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Its owned by an OSO member. He had it listed for sale, and then listed it with Paul for assistance.

I have a friend of a friend here in VA who is interested in it. Pat Haughey (Pat owns Active Thunder) was going to try and lay eyes on it for me this week while he was up there for the Poker Run. I'll touch base with him tomorrow and see if he did just that.

Let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

Brian Tillett
Active Thunder Factory Rep.

Web: www.activethunderboats.com
Email: ActiveThunderAVH(a)aol.com

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Patrick and myself have been talking about a new one. I wasn't able to make it CT this weekend to see him.
Anyway if i could save 60K on a used one i would, if it was in extremely good condition.
I like the fact it is plain white. Let me know what you find out, it would be appreciated.

Thank you..

·
Registered
620 Posts
Pat did see the boat this weekend, briefly. I'll get more info tomorrow.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I talked to Pat about the 28 w/ the ProCharger. The boat is about 7.5 out of 10 basically just showing a little age, but not in bad shape at all. The boat did have a shift cable issue at the poker run, but that has been completely fixed, and is back to 100%.

-edited corrected information-

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sydwayz said:
Its owned by an OSO member. He had it listed for sale, and them listed it with Paul for assistance.

I have a friend of a friend here in VA who is interested in it. Pat Haughey (Pat owns Active Thunder) was going to try and lay eyes on it for me this week while he was up there for the Poker Run. I'll touch base with him tomorrow and see if he did just that.

Let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

Brian Tillett

We spoke this morning ....... if any other questions come up give us a call at (631) 724-8707

Paul

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just finished a chat with Patrick, i am just going to build new, and wait till next year.
Aug 1 is Friday, the summer will be done in 7 weeks up North here in MA..
No sense on making boat payments for a stored boat, that could be a few months of fuel..
This way i can build the boat to my sepcs, no compromises..
Thanks for the help and call.

Tony

TSPM said:
We spoke this morning ....... if any other questions come up give us a call at (631) 724-8707

Paul

·
Registered
753 Posts
Primopup,
A few weeks ago there was a really nice AT that was for sale that was a bank repo. I want to say it was a 05 or 06, with a 525EFI. Maybe to some searching and see if that boat is still available ?

I so want an AT. When the time comes I think it will be a 28 BUT the prices on 32's are coming way down. There's a really cool older 32 out of TX , 525's (the old supercharged ones) with boxes. Another $8-10k off and it will be a great deal.

Good luck with whatever AT you end up with.

·
Registered
217 Posts
26scarab said:
Primopup,
A few weeks ago there was a really nice AT that was for sale that was a bank repo. I want to say it was a 05 or 06, with a 525EFI. Maybe to some searching and see if that boat is still available ?

apparently this one has a weak cylinder. some guy on OSO looked at it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
This is 100% my main reason for buying new! If it is going to be a headache, it's going to be mine, not someone elses..
BTW it will be an AT Savage 28 with the 600 SCI!
I also fell in love with this CM, i just feel it is over priced, or it was very high on my list.. The boat looks very clean, but it is still 8 yrs old, no matter what condition. They have had it listed since 11/11/2007, others must feel the same.
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/2001_checkmate_zt_280_mint_fast-o19726-en.html

Gladhe8er said:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Gladhe8er said:

I just don't see this as a problem.
I know I'll never buy new again. As long as the hull and interior are sound , the rest is just nuts and bolts.
I wonder what kind of $ the bank was asking for.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Primopup said:
This is 100% my main reason for buying new! If it is going to be a headache, it's going to be mine, not someone elses..
I also fell in love with this CM, i just feel it is over priced, or it was very high on my list.. The boat looks very clean, but it is still 8 yrs old, no matter what condition. They have had it listed since 11/11/2007, others must feel the same.
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/2001_checkmate_zt_280_mint_fast-o19726-en.html
That is my boat. Go price that 28 AT with the 600 sci new and let us know the price.
Mine is a tough sell in this market. Everyone that wants it is trying to sell a boat of their own first, and nothing is moving right now.
As for the comments on the condition of an 8 year old boat, you really should not make any assumptions. Most boats less than one year old show more wear than this does.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Sydwayz said:
I talked to Pat about the 28 w/ the ProCharger. The boat is about 7.5 out of 10 basically just showing a little age, but not in bad shape at all. The boat did have a shift cable issue at the poker run, but that has been completely fixed, and is back to 100%.
I was misinformed and I have corrected my post.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Primopup said:
I've seen this boat in person, and Fast Check has kept this boat in 'Better Than New" condition. His boat, in my humble opinion, is an "11". Everyone that looks at this boat is impressed.

Now, without starting an argument, for what Fast Check is asking, and the cost to duplicate the same equipment on another boat, whether we talk about a Sunsation, Active Thunder, or Scarab, his price is reasonable.

Remember, this is a triple digit boat. :D :D :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Primopup said:
That sounds bad ***.

Have you talked with them about the Raylar 550 or new GM 550 small blocks? I think with the weight savings of the small block they could be the way to go in a single 28, not to mention I'd expect a sizable discount to Merc Racing's 600. The only problem is they aren't out really, and being first is scary, but can be cool. :D

·
Registered
620 Posts
rlj676 said:
That sounds bad ***.

Have you talked with them about the Raylar 550 or new GM 550 small blocks? I think with the weight savings of the small block they could be the way to go in a single 28, not to mention I'd expect a sizable discount to Merc Racing's 600. The only problem is they aren't out really, and being first is scary, but can be cool. :D
Well, we did this one some time back, so I'd say we are open to different ideas.

Brian Tillett

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts