Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since the boat has been laid up in my shop I decided to do
some updates to the interior and install the bolsters
I actually bought these a few months ago but once the engine blew I never got around to doing anything with them,
I need to dye them grey to match my interior , the white just doesnt blend in well.
Im also gonna powdercoat the stainless bases blue to match as well so was looking to see what Im looking at as far as cost to get them powdercoated.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
since the boat has been laid up in my shop I decided to do
some updates to the interior and install the bolsters
I actually bought these a few months ago but once the engine blew I never got around to doing anything with them,
I need to dye them grey to match my interior , the white just doesnt blend in well.
Im also gonna powdercoat the stainless bases blue to match as well so was looking to see what Im looking at as far as cost to get them powdercoated.

im guessing around $75.00

·
Registered
443 Posts
$75 is dead on, I would'nt pay more, but if you would like them to match the wheel you will be paying more. The only way to get the same look is to double powder coat. First with chrome powder then follow up with translucent blue. You can get away with a difference in color if you keep them well separated.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That would be sweet,
I was thinking it would be more than that.
Now I just need to find someone that will do it locally.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I plan to take the bases out when I take them,Ill tell them it's patio furniture or something..
:laugher: :laugher:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
blue is fine, the steering wheel doesnt quite match the blue grab bars / cupholders either , all different shades of blue.
Basically the only stainless or chrome I have left is the throttle so stainless bases look kinda out of place, only reason I thought about powdercoating them blue.
If the engine was running I would have just slapped them on and be done with it but since the boat isnt moving anyways I figured I would do it a tad bit nicer. Honestly I just want to get it back on the water. It will never be perfect but its perfect for me.
:p: :p:

anyone know a good place to go in Austin or surrounding area?

·
Registered
700 Posts
its not the powdercoating application itself thats a big part of the cost, its the prep work. The part has to be blasted of old coating(s), corrosion, silicone, etc. Then thoroughly solvent washed & moved in & out of a spray booth. 30% of the time, it has to be done all over again due to contamination on used pieces. been there.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinking $250-300 for both bases
any more than that and they stay as is.

·
You BLOT that schit!
2,692 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
I was thinking $250-300 for both bases
any more than that and they stay as is.
Good, I think you should be fine. I'm not sure where people are coming up with some of these (less than $100) prices.

·
Registered
443 Posts
My bud owns a powder shop which is why the cheap price...but I did mine the same two years ago. They were blasted, coated in chrome powder then translucent blue. I showed them to another guy for a quote (he did'nt understand the double powder thing) on a customers boat. They quoted $170 to duplicate. Not the friend price, which is pretty cheap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts