Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Very good question....I have often wondered myself. I have never saw a price for a 24 or 28 'er. If it weren't for the docking and rafting off issues, I would really be looking for one!

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
105mph_38_2003 said:
Not very expensive at all...Chris talked to me about them one day and I was very impressed with what you get for the money.
Tell us more, Reindl Boats haven't responded to my e-mail yet.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I believe that they are all running Volvo engine and drive packages....that may help to keep cost down a bit. From my personal experience, volvo makes a great package, only potential downfall would be resale. I don't think resale would be effected much w/ a boat like this though:D

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Give him a call, I dont remember 100% exact but I think you can get a boat in the $40k range but don't recall exactly.

I was kinda in shock when he told me what I could buy one for and my mind went temporarily blank when he told me...I originally called him about buying my SSM VIs and then I asked about the batboats...Very cool and different.

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
105mph_38_2003 said:
Give him a call, I dont remember 100% exact but I think you can get a boat in the $40k range but don't recall exactly.

THANKS !!! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Email me, I will tell you everything you need to know.

We have the P4-99 that was formerly owned by Harry Clack, and I can tell you what I paid and what you should pay.

I think you will end up paying a little more than $40k, but you should be able to get a 24 for under $50k.

For the buck you will not find a better boat. With our 377/Bravo set-up we can spank every F1 boat on the water. I am pretty sure Scott Utah's is for sale for around $55k and from what I understand it is an awesome boat.

Talk to be after this season and I will be ready to sell mine, we want one more season with it in P4 before moving up to a Super Vee Light.

Here is a picture of ours.

Rick

btw. We won everyone of our outings last year 3-0 (2-0 in POPRA P4, and 1-0 in One Design (National Championship Race)).

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
One other thing, there is a downside. You have to put gas in very late at night or very early in the morning.

If you try and do it during the day you will get pinned at the gas station by 100 people asking questions and wanting pictures.

Do not buy this boat if you want to go unnoticed. This boat is a attention magnet, like nothing you can imagine. Our Ferrari, Corvette and Viper do not get near the attention of this boat.

Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry one more,

Aqua-holic, what rafting issues? The boat ties off just fine.

One more thing, we also kick the crap out of most big twins in the rough water. Poker runs are a blast in this boat when we start passing all the wussy's in the 38 Formulas and Fountains in the rough!!!

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Please, for the love of God stop this thread! I can buy one of those but it would cost me about 20 times what you are saying. Batboat/Wife Batboat/Wife Batboat/Wife It's a good thing I love her!

·
Registered
20 Posts
ChJohn,
I do know exactly what you mean.

As it turns out when I bought mine, I forget to tell the wife and she was bent. For some reason she thinks having a 28' Nordic and a BatBoat was overkill, go figure.

She got even by buying a New Jag S Type "R".

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I can pay cash for the boat and a jag but she does not want a jag etc.....

But do not get me wrong, I truly love my wife and she puts up with ALL my hobbies. She really does not care about the cost, it is all the time involved that gets to her.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
ryoung99

Do you or have you been to Bass Lake?

·
Registered
20 Posts
So Stu,
What is the verdict?

Are you thinking about getting one to race or play with?

Let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them as a non-selling owner.
Rick

1 - 20 of 32 Posts