Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
I found this seems the pricing is way off from what i see in this post

Cost? Depending on how it's powered, a Reindl B-28 can run from $110,000 to $120,000--not only in the ballpark, but as much as 60% less expensive than some thoroughly conventional performance machines that would be forced to eat a B-28's spray.

For more information, contact Reindl Powerboats: 513-794-1999.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Just found this section. The photo below is my 1994 Mannerfelt/Batbygarrna (Swedish-built) B-28. Bought from Volvo in 1997, repainted by GrafikEFX and rigged by Bobby Moore. 100% foam-cored, including the bottom and 40% Kevlar layup, it's very light. Inactive since 2004, it will be back on the water in 2009. Anticipating mid-90's with 625/DPX.

Also - Here is a link to the only Swedish-built B24 every brought into the US, this was Ocke Mannerfelt's personal boat. Currently for sale at Jim Earle Marine in Canada, It's the one that I would buy: http://www.jimearlemarine.com/inventory/details.cfm?itemid=1006186

Attachments

·
Registered
11,341 Posts
That's a sweet boat. I would give my left nut for that boat.

·
Registered
462 Posts
MarkyMark said:
Hey Chuck, is that cockpit air conditioned ? (red pump in bilge with hose going forward)
Yes, but the red pump is an Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump and pressure regulator. The A/C pump is the boxy-shaped brown/black/white pump on the floor with the white hose going through the bulkhead. (Or is that the pump you were refrring to?) It is fed through the small black strainer on the inside of the stringer. The through-hull pickup has not yet been installed.

Originally posted by Horse power
I would give my left nut for that boat.
No thanks, but I will entertain all offers of excessive amounts of cash. I was once quoted $50k for a replacement unrigged bare hull sitting in the builders yard in Sweden. That was 1997, so God only knows what they would ask for one now.

If I ever get tired of it. It's been so long since we've used it that I've almost forgotten about how it runs. I'm sure that it will all come back to me quickly. Look for a brief glimpse of it on the northern Bay this coming summer.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
yea....thats the pump I was talking about (on the floor). looks red in the pic.

where is the actual a/c unit ? I would guess it's 12v ? or is there an inverter ?

·
Registered
462 Posts
2000 Watt inverter and two dedicated Group 31 batteries. The AC unit itself is in a small locker just in front of the driver. It's a MarineAirrr CabinMate - 3,000 BTUs. There are vents beside the driver and passenger, at the base of the windshield, and in the cabin. Helps a lot on hot days, but I still want to figure out a way to put vent windows in it.

Attachments

21 - 32 of 32 Posts