1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday, May 25, 2002

Alleged bridge jumper pulled from Hudson
By Nik Bonopartis
A woman allegedly jumped from the Mid-Hudson Bridge Friday night, state police and witnesses said.
The woman was pulled from the water by police and four fishermen, who were flagged down by police as they were boating past the bridge about 9:40 p.m. State police at Highland, the lead agency investigating the case, would not divulge the woman's status until her family had been contacted.

''We heard a big splash,'' said Mike Peterson of Newburgh, who was sitting on the dock in front of Antonio's Ice House in Waryas Park when the woman allegedly jumped. ''The next thing I saw was a boat coming.''

Emergency workers, state troopers and police from the City of Poughkeepsie and Town of Lloyd converged on the park.

''We heard them saying, 'Please come in, we need your help,' '' said John Bodendorf of Poughkeepsie, one of the fishermen.

A crowd of about 50 from a nearby concert at the park watched as the woman was brought to the dock and emergency workers began attempts to revive her.

The fishermen, who also included Chris Pociask of Poughkeepsie, Joe Gadbois of Pleasant Valley and Geoffrey Gendron of Clinton Corners, said the woman was taken upstream by the river's current

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
I wonder if that's what that big 'SPLASH' was as we passed under the C&D canal bridge yesterday!

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Karen, do you mean that big splash followed by all the thumping coming from the outdrive and that big floating pool of red water behind the boat?

I hope I didn't damage my prop!

?????

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Well, I WAS going to give it to B'nut, but I think you deserve it more, Jeff!!! I can't believe you posted that!
:gunner: :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts