Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious what the difference is between beached and sunk? No particular reason, just curious. ;)
Dan

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
I'd day big difference...

beached means exactly that....owner beached boat in lieu of letting it sink - thereby avoiding interior water damage etc...

sunk....self explanatory or am I missing something?

- jeff

·
Registered
250 Posts
When it comes to maritime salvage law beached or hard aground have a specific meaning. If it is beached it has water around more than 50 % of the hull. It can be considered hard aground( and subject to salvage charges) if more than 50 percent of the hull is not touching water. This has seroius ramifications if you beach the boat and then need a tow to get off. Sometimes a half hour difference in tidal height can be the difference between a standard tow and a VERY expensive slavage tow.

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Dan,are you sure there is no particular reason you are asking that question????????

Although insptech has the proper terminoligy,I say if the gunwales are still above water,its swamped. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Boatnut, what is the final result of the cam install? Hopefully this thread does not have an immediate personal interest for you.

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Cam is all done.....came out fine.Just playing around with jetting the carb right .I will post some pictures,but not yet. The bilge is filthy..

but yes,I'm still floating

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Insptech,
Thank you for the technical definition. I hope none of us ever have to use this knowledge. There was a large wood cruiser that ran aground last night in the river. I don't believe he took on any water. Ob called Boat US for him. I hope he had lots of insurance.

BN,
I was just curious. What did you think I meant? :p: Did you make it out today? If so what were the results? Is Ob going to be ordering new parts tomorrow??????

Dan

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Dan,went out today. Results are not to be posted.:confused: Let's just say,I'm satisfied.
But I started having the problem where it feels like I'm blowing out my prop.Right around 4000 RPM's and usually when coming from a no wake zone and starting to rock again. This is driving me nuts.But I will figure this out too in due time.

When this happens,it feels like the trailer is still attached to the boat. It wasn't.......I looked:confused:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is it the way it felt before? I'd get that trim pump fixed this week to confirm the drive isn't coming back down. I'd also take a real good look at the bottom and make sure there is no damage that could be aerating the water.
Dan

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Yep,same exact wat. Feels like I'm dragging a dead body. I do need to repair the pump,but I can't see that being the problem. I do see the drive dropping and raising ok.I'm starting to suspect the coupler,even though everyone claims they just go........Everyone can be wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts