Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a Garmin bluechart chip, mus018r, Ebay? any other sites to buy from?

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
89donzi said:
I'm looking for a Garmin bluechart chip, mus018r, Ebay? any other sites to buy from?
Buy it from Hap, he is a local speedwaker and Def treats his customer RIGHT, I got my all set up today and it works GREAT, Thanks for the Deal Hap.

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
Be careful buying used, it may not wont work for you. Garmin has gotten smart. When you buy a chip now it is assigned to your GPS by serial number.

The chip is not all that expensive anyway!

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hap slap me a price

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
ghart said:
Be careful buying used, it may not wont work for you. Garmin has gotten smart. When you buy a chip now it is assigned to your GPS by serial number.
negative G, the blue chart america's cd is assigned by serial #s, but the programed chips are not.

the proprietary garmin chips are $150 for regular sized region/coverage areas. if you need a g2 vision card (sd chip) they start at $150 and go up to $400 depending on region and coverage areas.

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
Gotcha, I have the CD and it does assign the chip I copy to work only in my GPS. I think the CD does much more for me than just the chip. I like doing my planning on my computer in the house.

Let me make a note of that for future reference!

Thanks Hap! :bigsmile:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts