Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to sell my boat and the thought of brokering it crossed my mind but I know nothing about it. Can anyone shed some light on how this works? What fees or percentages are usually associated with brokering? Any success stories or horror stories?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
7 - 10 % for a broker unless you work out some other deal. I used one, well am currently using one who is in my area. I would think it would be tough for an out of town broker to sell your ride. I like the fact that he takes care of all the tire kickers. But I always wonder if I am missing some sales not doing it on my own. I would attempt yourself and list with a broker.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
splinter..... you can chat with Hugh sat morning about your boat.... they get a lot of activity and their place...we can both beat up on him and he's ued to it now after being pulled through the keyhole by me over the last few weeks...

:)

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
You talking Pollock????
Great guy, I met him in Miami a few years ago and we have maintained existence through emails ever since. Thanks for bringing him up I need to speak to him.
I would definately speak with him Splinter!
Ask hugh about his IRS phony phone calls!!

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Yep... Hugh Pollock. I've been working with Hugh for over a year now. I told him last summer after I changed my mind on a 35' Fountain he had that we'd do business some day and we're tyring to work out a deal on a boat right now...

Hugh is a great guy. I like him. He's really honest. I know because he's steered me clear of a few boats he'd had for sale....

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
I hear ya there Jeff, Please tell him hello for me when ya speak with him.
by the way...
Love the site, wish I found it sooner
best of luck

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
LOL on the BEAV.....
Just Broker with him and he will hide it from potential buyers!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
JeffJ!

Jeff, can you hook me up with Hugh? I called him and left a message the other day, but no call back yet. I'm not sure but maybe my boat isn't "bigtime" enough for him. A 25' Checkmate for under $30k.

I am serious about selling it though. What do you think?

Eric [email protected]
(571)215-9518

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Hugh will definately broker your boat. There's nothing they like better than clean well taken care of boats and I know yours is that way.

I was with Hugh this morning and he's leaving for Florida first thing tomorrow morning. I don't think he's returning till friday and he's got a busy week but his cell phone number is 1.410.708.2701 and tell him we chatted. He's around this afternoon and it's probably a good time to catch him.

- jeff

1 - 12 of 12 Posts