Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They say that a boaters two happiest day's is the day he/she buy's a boat or the day it sells.

Well mine sold last night and I'm not feeling it yet... :(

I did find the perfect owner though, he is a gear head and has no problems with a little more maintenance than the average boat.
I did make myself a promise , I will not purchase another boat for at least two years.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
26scarab said:
They say that a boaters two happiest day's is the day he/she buy's a boat or the day it sells.

Well mine sold last night and I'm not feeling it yet... :(

I did find the perfect owner though, he is a gear head and has no problems with a little more maintenance than the average boat.
I did make myself a promise , I will not purchase another boat for at least two years.
Congrats! That was quick! And I'm betting you have another boat next summer. :D

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Tom,
Yeah , that was us taking the new owners out for a test ride. We put in at 9 mile and cruised over to Metro.
I had to do one last WFO blast ! A funny thing the guy said was , my cruising speed was his last boats top speed.

It has to be at least a couple of years. Our cabin up north needs a garage and some siding. And some other things so I'm sure that will take all of next year and then well... I'll have to start saving everything I can !
It's all bad , I've looked at the two 28 Active Thunders for sale ad's at least 5 times today !

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Are still in Cleveland? I have not been without a boat more than a week since 1989, couldn't imagine not being a boat owner now, good luck with that. :D

·
Registered
488 Posts
Wow Chuck! Sorry to hear you sold your boat! I haven't heard of you or seen you around in a while. I remember back several years ago you bringing your boat over here on the Lake Michigan side of the state---back when "Waterfoul"/Mike had his boat. I remember you always enjoying your boat a lot and all the converstation that took place on these forums. Those were some good memorable days! I hope you are able to return to boating soon.

Mark

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tom,
Not in Ohio anymore. I've been back in MI for a couple of months now, working at another supplier. Working in the lovely buckeye state :rolleyes: was probably one of the worst experiences of my life. The money was great but just got tired of working 60+ hours in 5 days then driving home (3 hours) then driving back on Monday.

Hey Mark,
Yeah I'm going to miss the boat, this is only for a few years. Need to do some things at our cabin and actually just kind of burned out. I've been working out of state until the last few months.
Hope everything is going well with you. I will be part of the Active Thunder club someday !!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think I can do the two year thing, everyone I know has a boat , so it's not like I won't be on the water.

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
26scarab said:
I think I can do the two year thing, everyone I know has a boat , so it's not like I won't be on the water.
Im going thru a divorce and havent had my boat out for 5 weeks! Yeah its nice knowing other boat owners but there's nothing like having your own!!!!!! I WILL be on mine this Saturday!!!!!!!!

Chuck, I have no truck so whenever you want to go out let me know and Ill let you tow me to the lake :D

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AGRESSOR said:
Im going thru a divorce and havent had my boat out for 5 weeks! Yeah its nice knowing other boat owners but there's nothing like having your own!!!!!! I WILL be on mine this Saturday!!!!!!!!

Chuck, I have no truck so whenever you want to go out let me know and Ill let you tow me to the lake :D
sorry to hear about the divorce, and I might just take you up on that offer !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts