Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boat (28' Cobalt) left "smoky" California for St. Clair Shores, MI. I decided to ship it there this summer and take all my vacation at once. It was in Salt Lake City as of this morning pointed east.

I'll be in the SCS area from 7-24 thru 8-16 if anyone wants to get together and have a beer. I grew up there and my mom lives on one of the canals in SCS.

Any suggestions of where to hang out would be appreciated...I know about the flats and gull/strawberry islands, etc, but I moved out west in 1985, so it's been a while.

Thanks in advance, and it would be nice to meet up with any some of you local speedwakers. Let me know if interested.

·
Banned
372 Posts
2003226 said:
My boat (28' Cobalt) left "smoky" California for St. Clair Shores, MI. I decided to ship it there this summer and take all my vacation at once. It was in Salt Lake City as of this morning pointed east.

I'll be in the SCS area from 7-24 thru 8-16 if anyone wants to get together and have a beer. I grew up there and my mom lives on one of the canals in SCS.

Any suggestions of where to hang out would be appreciated...I know about the flats and gull/strawberry islands, etc, but I moved out west in 1985, so it's been a while.

Thanks in advance, and it would be nice to meet up with any some of you local speedwakers. Let me know if interested.
Here in Mich , why not up north in MICH ???

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Up North

We are going to Torch Lake from 8-4 through 8-8 and staying at the Torch River Resort...never been to Torch, but I hear it's great...any tips would be appreciated.

Any good restaurants or bars on Torch Lake?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
You will be close to Pearls in Elk Rapids which is one of the best cajun retaruants around. Hit the big lake and run to Charlevoix and over to Northport. I used to love staying overnight on the boat in Northport. Think Mayberry on the water. My wife and I are working towards buying a place there.

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Another "LUCKY BA$taRD" !! You guys all just keep rubbin' it in... :D

Maybe next year I'll get my trip in to Torch.
I've stayed as close as Elk Rapids on the Bay and Loved that. A nice bar/resteraunt there and great folks all around!

ENJOY yourself, Congrats!! :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Re: Up North

2003226 said:
We are going to Torch Lake from 8-4 through 8-8 and staying at the Torch River Resort...never been to Torch, but I hear it's great...any tips would be appreciated.

Any good restaurants or bars on Torch Lake?
If you haven't experienced Torch Lake yet, then you are in for a real treat. Have fun on your vacation.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Carrier Recommendation

Sutphil,

Yes, I would highly recommend the carrier I used...I found them on uship.com.

They picked up my boat (San Francisco Bay Area) on Friday 7-11 and it arrived in Michigan this morning at 8:00 a.m. I have to admit, it was a wierd feeling seeing someone who you met personally for the first time about 15 minutes ago drive off with your boat...

They provided daily email communication and kept me up to date with their progress across country. The name of the company is Ship New England, LLC out of Portland Maine. Email me if you want their contact info.

Nice people, very professional, new towing vehicle 2008 GMC duramax that can pull up to 13000 lbs. I also cotracted with them to do the return delivery aqs well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.