Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I posted the other day shifting issues with my bravo one not shifting into foward correctly. The general consensus was that the clutches in the upper were bad. I found a a complete drive that was from an 89 and mine being an 88 thought it sould be a easy swap, new upper and my lower, but the 88 - 91's I thought had an additional oil passage, neither drive has the passage that I could find and the new upper has what looks like a ball check valve inline with the top lube hole, my upper is not the same. any ideas on where I can look for the extra oil passage and if the upper with the check valve will work on my bellhousing? Thanks inadvance

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have a remote bottle, and the bellhouseing dosent have a provison for it either, can I still use the upper?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Are u sure you have a bravo drive?Most of the power plays that had the 454 package in that year came with an Alfa drive.If you have the bravo drive then the bravo upper with the gear lube reservoir check valve will work with your gimble housing.You wont have a gear lube reservoir in in your boat .

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
you should still be able to bolt it up to the the housing even though you dont have the remote oil fill. the check valve in the drive will just stay shut and will be pressed up against the housing. just make sure the housing is clean so nothing can press the ball valve in when you mount it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts