Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to change the shift cable bellow on my bravo one unit. From what I can see, it wont go over the nut that old the cable to the bell housing, therefore I imagine I will have to undo the cable from the engine and get the bellow thrue that end of the cable.

Am I gessing right?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
You can get it over the nut, both of mine I did that way. Use some grease and ease it over. I have heard of people ripping them but it never happened to me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blue Thunder said:
You can get it over the nut, both of mine I did that way. Use some grease and ease it over. I have heard of people ripping them but it never happened to me.
I did try this by putting electric tape around the nut to cut the sharp corner of of it and I also ad oil on it, but even with a hard try, I stoped because it would'nt go over and at the end it looks like I was going to rip it apart.

Maybe I should try it with grease like you did???

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blue Thunder said:
I did try this by putting electric tape around the nut to cut the sharp corner of of it and I also ad oil on it, but even with a hard try, I stoped because it would'nt go over and at the end it looks like I was going to rip it apart.

Maybe I should try it with grease like you did???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts