Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a leak in one of the bellows and this late in the season I am having trouble justifying pulling it out and spending my little remaining boat time working on a repair. As it usually works my winter project was going through the drives, replacing all of the hoses in the engine bay and a few small maintenance repairs that I would like to get done. I have already priced the kit (all bellows, gimbal, seals etc.) and a new shift cable.

My question is - How long would you expect this to take? I would probably only do one side and come back for the other one this fall/winter. Also, do I really need these "special" tools that keep coming up on the description of how to do these repairs?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
You can do it all in a day if you have all the right tools, if you don't it will take longer.. some tools can be improvised..but you may need to get the hinge pin tool, the exhaust bellows will be tough to do without an expander, but again, with a little creative thinking, you can make one..
I have straight thru hull exhaust, so I don't need the exhaust bellows..

If your U-joint bellows are leaking, don't put it off, you'll just do more damage the longer you wait.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.